Vehicle speed sensor (VSS) and body lift question

Mbren89

Supporting Member
So i recently purchased an 04 LJ. The speedo went out after about 30 minutes and hasnt worked since. He stated It has a JB conversions ssye on it and has had issues and replaced the sensor previously and then added a shim as per JB conversions. So ive been looking up solutions and testing the wiring/connections which seem good. Is the consensus to double check the torque on the pinion nut for 200ft/lbs and can a stock rubicon sensor be used instead of the supplied one from JB? Gauge test shows cluster operational btw.

Also i noticed the body lift is the jks and appears to not be torqued evenly around the jeep and some pucks look deformed or mishaped. I have a savvy body lift left over from my tj i went to install and i noticed the PSC rockers have the body mounts going through them and some mounts have washers added into the bushings. Im assuming i should remove the rockers and reinstall the body lift and mounts properly or is there a way to make it work? It seems like washers in some and not all seems like a bandaid fix unless I’m wrong.

TIA

E918250F-A1D3-490B-8081-0F4C4AFBF90E.jpeg

Just retorqued the nut ok the output yolk to 200lbs and still no speedometer. Obd readers shows nothing either the gauge cluster itself works in the test procedure. It seems im not getting signal from the sensor back up front. It is just these sensors from jb conversions? Can i use a stock rubicon oem vss with with the tone ring in the jb?

Just retorqued the nut ok the output yolk to 200lbs and still no speedometer. Obd readers shows nothing either the gauge cluster itself works in the test procedure. It seems im not getting signal from the sensor back up front. It is just these sensors from jb conversions? Can i use a stock rubicon oem vss with with the tone ring in the jb?
Call them and ask. They will offer more insight or replacement, etc

was planning on it tomorrow morning. Just seeing if anybody had any suggestions or things i forgot to check before they open