Veterans Day November 11, 2023

Wildman

Over Analyzer Extraordinaire...............
Staff Member
Supporting Member
1699399017384.png

For Pop who’s no longer with us and the definition of the American dream. WWII Aviator, GI Bill to business owner, and 7 great grand children he was able to hold

View attachment 472274

View attachment 472275

View attachment 472276

My great uncle was in the 15th in a B-24 in Italy, he was flight engineer/top gunner in the 485th Bomb Group 829th Bomb squadron.

Do you know what Bomb Group and/or squadron he was in?

A couple photos of what I received from my uncle’s things.

IMG_2070.jpeg

IMG_2068.jpeg

IMG_2071.jpeg

IMG_2034.jpeg

Reactions: Wildman and Shank
I’ll see what I can find next week, I think someone tried to request his records but his were in the archive fire. https://www.archives.gov/news/articles/2023-nprc-fire-anniversary#

Would love to take you up on the research offer.

https://www.464th.org/unger-norman-u6482-464bg.cfm

I am very far from an expert at this but good chance this is him and he was in the 464th Bomb Group. I can try to dig deeper tomorrow. Getting late here.

The fire is super disappointing for sure, so much history lost.

If you have any other photos, documents, etc feel free to PM me.

Reactions: Wildman and red02tj
A month late. Here's mom in Vietnam.
bernwithm1 carbine.jpg

Here I am, clowning with a PPSH-41 we found in Sadr City in 2009.

PPSH (21).JPG

Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of my father from any time in his service. He served from 66-92, did two tours in Vietnam (met mom there) and went from a Radio Teletype Operator to a Flight Warrant. He passed on September 3 of this year.

• USA Proud
Reactions: red02tj
A month late. Here's mom in Vietnam.
View attachment 481400

Here I am, clowning with a PPSH-41 we found in Sadr City in 2009.

View attachment 481401
Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of my father from any time in his service. He served from 66-92, did two tours in Vietnam (met mom there) and went from a Radio Teletype Operator to a Flight Warrant. He passed on September 3 of this year.

Thanks for your service, and thank your Mom, too. Sorry about your Dad, RIP. Met my wife aboard ship in the Navy in 1974.

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj