Video editing programs

MountaineerTom

LJ Enthusiast, Retired USAF Weapons Loader
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Any suggestions for video editing programs?

Preferably easy to use, free or not terribly expensive.

Davinci Resolve 17. Free, and one of the most capable video editors on the market. It has a pretty kickass audio editing app built into it as well. You do need a capable PC or Mac though. The difference between Free and Full version is how it operates. The full version resides on the cloud, so you don't use up a lot of your computer resources, and there is some additional functionality. It's easy to learn, there are a ton of YouTube instructional videos out there, and if you do opt to buy the full version at around $300 they will send you an editing surface for free which is an awesome deal. The surface itself is worth the price. I personally use the free version and I don't know too many editors that can beat it for the price!

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Davinci Resolve 17. Free, and one of the most capable video editors on the market. It has a pretty kickass audio editing app built into it as well. You do need a capable PC or Mac though. The difference between Free and Full version is how it operates. The full version resides on the cloud, so you don't use up a lot of your computer resources, and there is some additional functionality. It's easy to learn, there are a ton of YouTube instructional videos out there, and if you do opt to buy the full version at around $300 they will send you an editing surface for free which is an awesome deal. The surface itself is worth the price. I personally use the free version and I don't know too many editors that can beat it for the price!
Thank you. I’ll check it out this weekend.

I've been using shotcut, which is cross platform, open source, and free, for the last year or so. How it compares to others I have no idea, but I switched to it after screaming at iMovie's bugs one time too many.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
I've been using shotcut, which is cross platform, open source, and free, for the last year or so. How it compares to others I have no idea, but I switched to it after screaming at iMovie's bugs one time too many.
Thanks, I’ll check that out too.