Vintage Jeeps on Rubicon Trail 2018 (Videos)

Squatch

Master Thread Derailer
Supporting Member
Holy cow, I don't have time to watch them all yet, but there is way too much to comment on already. I am excited to sit and watch these.

But I have to ask "Column Shifter?" now that is hard core!

Nice share! I would love to build a cj2a at sometime in my life.

Reactions: Squatch
Holy cow, I don't have time to watch them all yet, but there is way too much to comment on already. I am excited to sit and watch these.

But I have to ask "Column Shifter?" now that is hard core!

Nice share! I would love to build a cj2a at sometime in my life.
Yeah, that was a "middle of the night, waiting for the kids to get home safely" kind of watching thing. Lengthy, but awesome. The one Jeep (the roughest of them, I'd dare say) that was driven by Stan, sounded for all the world like it needed bearings. Every time he put it under a load or high revs, it sounded like a rod knock, maybe. And yet, he finished the trail. Cool stuff!

I don't know what was tougher ,the Jeep's or the drivers! Those are men right there. Rubicon with manual steering , Lord.

I don't know what was tougher ,the Jeep's or the drivers! Those are men right there. Rubicon with manual steering , Lord.
I love watching some of those guys just cranking on the steering wheels. You can see that some of them are so stiff, there is not even a hint of "return to center". I drove an old 2-ton truck on some property once that was like that. In an attempt to get it turned around, I had gone to full-lock on the driver's side. Well, it wouldn't come back, even with two of us pulling on that wheel. Ended up having to walk back to the shop, and came and got the truck out with a bulldozer. Good times!

Reactions: AndyG
Great stuff. That blue one looks a bit sketchy with no cage. He would have been screwed if he was the one that rolled. It's definitely sporty on small tires and low lifts.

That would have "long day " wrote all over it . I had a manually steered 74 cj-4 , it was agricultural.

Reactions: Sancho and Squatch
My wife watched a few minutes of one of these videos last night, and said she thought it would be boring because you have to travel so slow. ?!?!? However, today I get a text from her saying "I keep thinking about the Jeep crawling thing...I could be entertained by it, I'm s'posin'." LOL Minor victories, my friends. It's all about the minor victories. ;)

Reactions: Xposure and Sancho
My wife watched a few minutes of one of these videos last night, and said she thought it would be boring because you have to travel so slow. ?!?!? However, today I get a text from her saying "I keep thinking about the Jeep crawling thing...I could be entertained by it, I'm s'posin'." LOL Minor victories, my friends. It's all about the minor victories. ;)
Dude rolled, I'm thinkin that ain't boring. Not the goal, certainly, but not boring :D