Vintage (or just older classic) pics of Jeeps

Not my picture and I "stole" it from FB so I left the name of the owner and his explaination.
Screenshot_20210415-131323.png

I'd have kept the group name visible but it wasn't about Jeeps.

1942 ford gpw.
We found this gem in a garage next door to my business partners house. It has been sitting in there for 40+ years. The tubes held air so we gave it power and fuel and it started.
Follow the complete restoration on instagram at westernjeep401
View attachment 244109
That’s really cool.. red would seem to be a unique color I would imagine....is there anyway you can post the thread on here so people can go watch it

Last edited:
That’s really cool.. red would seem to be a unique color I would imagine....is there anyway you can post the tread on here so people can go watch it
Sure, If I get a chance I'll throw up a build threat and put pics on there occasionally

Reactions: Hog and Squatch
That’s really cool.. red would seem to be a unique color I would imagine....is there anyway you can post the tread on here so people can go watch it
I too would enjoy that - but never on Instagram or other facefuck properties.

I have seen them strolled all over the site in different areas of the forum but haven’t really seen them all together and I enjoy seeing old pics of jeeps and people enjoying them.
Long story short my Grandma who is 97 just got moved into a home and my mother is up in Ohio sorting stuff with her brother and sister. Of course they are going to run across old stuff and she sent me this pic
View attachment 242176
that’s my grandpa (It is his jeep)standing in the back and my mom and her sister are in the back seat.. she’s probably 8.. so It’s probably 1958 time frame. I never knew he had a jeep, he passed when I was 15 so other then the war and farming didn’t know a whole lot about him since we moved to Ga when I was 6.
It brings back cool memories for my mother and me just to see what was probably going on in that pic.. He got a cool ride and was showing it off.. a lot like what we do on here today:).. if you got some cool pics and stories please add.
This is the best post I've seen on this site. Thank you for sharing the photo and the beautiful story.

Reactions: Hog
My father in law spent time in Vietnam doing some odd things in the air calvary. He was with a group that went out setting up fire bases. So he'd jump out of a helicopter at night have 2 to 3 weeks sneaking around the jungle trying to not get caught, then use all the C4 he carried to blow up a landing zone.

Then spend a week getting parasites removed and have a week or two doing misc tasks like being the door gunner on an m38a1 on patrol. ( not him in this photo)

0790e64aa048cf820073dc7227a4bb99.jpg

There's not much armor like the current Humvees.

He wanted one, so I found him this on Craigslist years ago.

1229890_519517251470291_675070023_n.jpg

Yep. My father was in the Pacific theatre. It was only on his deathbed that he would talk about the time the Japs strafed his ship. "My best buddy was laying on the deck next to me, and I watched him die..."
“And he had my back
Right through the day we left
If it looks like we were scared to death
Like a couple of kids just tryin' to save each other
You should've seen it in color"
A picture's worth a thousand words
But you can't see what those shades of gray keep covered
You should've seen it in color”

In Color by Jamey Johnson

very cool picture @Zorba and even cooler bit of story. Thanks

My father in law spent time in Vietnam doing some odd things in the air calvary. He was with a group that went out setting up fire bases. So he'd jump out of a helicopter at night have 2 to 3 weeks sneaking around the jungle trying to not get caught, then use all the C4 he carried to blow up a landing zone.

Then spend a week getting parasites removed and have a week or two doing misc tasks like being the door gunner on an m38a1 on patrol. ( not him in this photo)

View attachment 244322

There's not much armor like the current Humvees.

He wanted one, so I found him this on Craigslist years ago.

View attachment 244323
Very very cool

Reactions: Hog
I’m not sure what the time line is for “vintage”.. I was more interested in stuff that didn’t include JKs and 6 way long arm suspension... it’s more about CJs, YJs and TJs and Willy’s .. and the TJ will be an antique in just a couple of years😳
I’ll be able to register mine as a classic car in just 5 short years here in California

Reactions: Hog and TWiG01