Vintage (or just older classic) pics of Jeeps

My father in law spent time in Vietnam doing some odd things in the air calvary. He was with a group that went out setting up fire bases. So he'd jump out of a helicopter at night have 2 to 3 weeks sneaking around the jungle trying to not get caught, then use all the C4 he carried to blow up a landing zone.

Then spend a week getting parasites removed and have a week or two doing misc tasks like being the door gunner on an m38a1 on patrol. ( not him in this photo)

View attachment 244322

There's not much armor like the current Humvees.

He wanted one, so I found him this on Craigslist years ago.

View attachment 244323
That’s impressive!... proud as a peacock!!!

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
“And he had my back
Right through the day we left
If it looks like we were scared to death
Like a couple of kids just tryin' to save each other
You should've seen it in color"
A picture's worth a thousand words
But you can't see what those shades of gray keep covered
You should've seen it in color”

In Color by Jamey Johnson

very cool picture @Zorba and even cooler bit of story. Thanks
Great song also!!

Jeep.jpg

That’s impressive... you can’t just post a pic like that and not tell us a story about it??
There I was, walking down the street... ;)

and I had to snap this photo. It’s a few blocks from my place. There’s another one just to the left. I’ll try to share a snap of it too.

Reactions: Hog and Squatch
This, on the other hand, is something else. I was on FB and did a screenshot. I left the owner's name on it because I'm not trying to steal anything, just "borrowing it" to share.

View attachment 245548

Luckily I noticed these other screenshots I took in 2019. I think they will make up for the KFC:
View attachment 245551

View attachment 245552

View attachment 245553
That’ KFC jeep reminds me of one around town, this guy fixed it up pretty nice, cool dark blue color and has a 350 in it.. on the side of the hood it say THE MAILMAN
96FED581-2C5E-42E7-B43E-17AAD7300D2D.jpeg

Here's the other one. Anyone know what the hole under the right turn signal lens is for?
View attachment 250089
My understanding is that it's a fresh air intake for the air/heating system. It allowed fresh air in, devoid of engine fumes and heat. I've seen it in this exact location on multiple vintage Jeep wagons, so I know it's an original thing, but I don't know exactly what years it covers. Absolutely love that rig, btw!!!

Reactions: RMETeeJay
My understanding is that it's a fresh air intake for the air/heating system. It allowed fresh air in, devoid of engine fumes and heat. I've seen it in this exact location on multiple vintage Jeep wagons, so I know it's an original thing, but I don't know exactly what years it covers. Absolutely love that rig, btw!!!
So.. a turbo!!!... sweet!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch