Vision 531 Sport Lite wheel question

khakitj

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
In my new member intro thread, I mentioned that I'm going to buy some new wheels.

I just bought a TJ that had brand new 31" x 10.5" KO2 tires. Although the steer stop adjustment works to stop running on the LCA, one of the things most appealing to me about the TJ is the tight turning radius, so I want something with slightly less backspacing than my stock ravines.

I'm likely going for around 4.5" instead of the ravine's 5.5". I don't want to go much less to avoid the wheels sticking out too far. I'm only able to find a fairly short list of wheels around this size.

The wheel I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on is the Vision 531B Sport Lite in Gloss Black. Some website refer to this as Street Lite but the manufacturer's website says Sport Lite. Anyway it looks like this:

Vision_531_15x10-1612-763-00-1000.jpg

The size I'm considering is 15" x 8", no offset (4.5" backspacing).

Glossy Black is not my favorite, and at some point I will likely have them painted or coated to match the khaki body color or darker brown hard top / fender color on my TJ, or some other color entirely. For now, I think it might look nice as is once it's on the Jeep.

Now here's my question. The only reviews I could find on these wheels were on the Summit Racing website.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vsw-531-5865p0/reviews/
Two of the comments suggested they might not be up to off road use. I'm trying to figure out if they are just referring to normal distinction between steel and aluminum wheels, or if there is something particularly weak about the design of these wheels.

One person who owns a YJ said he was "hoping they will hold up to mild off road use ".

Another comment was "I know these were not meant to be used on a 4x4, but I installed them on my wrangler", then "if I did some more adventurous rock climbing or something more hard core I would possibly bend a wheel".

I'm worried that I'm missing something here, and hopefully you folks can either offer some enlightenment or allay my fears about moving forward.

I think the wheel was just introduced last year, so it was hard to find images of it on actual wranglers or 4x4 vehicles at all. I did finally manage to find a picture of it on a Cherokee.

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/w...eep-cherokee-vision-street-lite-rough-country
Thanks,
Rick

Cool, I’m just looking at wheels because I need new tires. The steel 15x8 I have work fine, but I find myself looking anyway. Saw the Visions and was curious.

I ended up getting these wheels because the Mambas couldn’t fit the locking hubs I installed.

1620499954002.jpeg

Reactions: Vasq
Nice wheels. Now it's time for some nice khaki paint on those fender flares.;)
I actually do have some new Sahara fender flares to get a little more coverage on the front wheels since they are 1” wider than my Sport flares. I need to get them painted and was debating black (semi gloss, satin, or matte), dark khaki (like they are now which matches the hard top) or light khaki (like the body paint). It’s a tough decision.

Looks like you already went a different route, but Vision makes good stuff. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them. I was considering their beadlocks, but ended up going with Raceline.