Visor brackets

t.watkins

I'm not sure if this is just an Australian thing with the heat we can experience during the summer weakening the plastic or if this affects the majority of TJ's.
As you can see the plastic trim bracket tends to snap with any movement of the visor.
IMG_20190808_150849.jpg
After much deliberation over whether to just replace with the stock factory part, which I'd of had to ship across from the USA as I couldn't find the parts in Australia, or find something likely to last longer.

Upon searching I found the following here in Aus, on eBay
No link to myself, and in all honestly it seems pretty expensive for what it is. It is however pretty much exactly what I was looking for.
IMG_20190808_141344.jpg

Installation took all of 15 minutes, but that includes making a cup of tea and generally faffing about.
Literally a case of unscrewing the broken bracket, swapping the spring on to the new one and installing a new retaining ring.
IMG_20190808_150515.jpg
IMG_20190808_150731.jpg

I won't be doing loads of mods to the jeep as I simply don't have the budget but this was one that makes it much more of an easy daily.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.