Washington Walker Valley Sat AM?

You been getting rowdy or you think the welding did it?
Rowdy, still fixing stuff since November. Went off the trail into a rock garden due to ice. I hate welding housing so I’m having someone else do that, but I can’t get it to the shop till I can steer it and life has been too busy to find time to work on it lately. But I’m starting to get anxious

DANG It. Sorry man, that sucks.
Yeah, so you saw the basement a bit when you were over maybe... this is what it looks like today.

20210720_201045.jpg

I broke my transfer case last weekend on the naches. I was talking to Jamie from Jamie’s transmission service in snohomish. He has one on hand with a sye already installed. I’ll swap it hopefully this week. The axles and lockers worked great though, but it’s currently stuck in 4 hi. I also have a savvy shifter kit for it too. It happened fairly soon, so I only took two pics.

97FD39B3-E93A-407B-9612-046278A15BDA.jpeg

48ADA565-042B-4708-8E5F-EE390EC7BA45.jpeg

Reactions: JMT and B00mb00m
Walker was great today. Super dry still, dusty AF. Not a lot of rigs on the trail. They made Ron's run too easy now. When the rains come and wash a lot of dirt out it will get spicy again. 🤘

I broke my transfer case last weekend on the naches. I was talking to Jamie from Jamie’s transmission service in snohomish. He has one on hand with a sye already installed. I’ll swap it hopefully this week. The axles and lockers worked great though, but it’s currently stuck in 4 hi. I also have a savvy shifter kit for it too. It happened fairly soon, so I only took two pics.

View attachment 268383

View attachment 268384
Sounds great. I don't hear of NP231s breaking very often. Did you smack it on a rock? I also have an NP231 with sye and 2low that I need to sell if that other one doesn't work out.

Reactions: Wildman
Sounds great. I don't hear of NP231s breaking very often. Did you smack it on a rock? I also have an NP231 with sye and 2low that I need to sell if that other one doesn't work out.
It jumped out of 4 low on a climb and sounded like gears with no teeth touching each other. Using the winch to pull me along I was able to force it in 4 hi. Now I can’t get it in 2 or 4 low. I crawled under and tried to manually shift it to no avail. Probably something I did when I was rooting around in the transfer case changing the chain and bearings 🤷‍♂️

How much, how many miles on it?
Original case from my jeep, pulled at around 92k miles for an Atlas. Has a rebuild of bearings from Novek pn# 231-MR-2/1 ($269), Terraflex 2Low conversion ($260) (let's you use rear low only), advanced adapters slip yoke eliminator ($213) Asking $500. Does weep slightly from gasket maker joint. Asking less than just the parts that I added on. Box was stock until around 80k miles. FWIW, it came from a 2004 Auto

I'm just down road from Snohomish proper.

Last edited:
Original case from my jeep, pulled at around 92k miles for an Atlas. Has a rebuild of bearings from Novek pn# 231-MR-2/1 ($269), Terraflex 2Low conversion ($260) (let's you use rear low only), advanced adapters slip yoke eliminator ($213) Asking $500. Does weep slightly from gasket maker joint. Asking less than just the parts that I added on. Box was stock until around 80k miles. FWIW, it came from a 2004 Auto

I'm just down road from Snohomish proper.
Got a tentative sold from @Squatch ... Pending input shaft info

Reactions: Squatch
It jumped out of 4 low on a climb and sounded like gears with no teeth touching each other. Using the winch to pull me along I was able to force it in 4 hi. Now I can’t get it in 2 or 4 low. I crawled under and tried to manually shift it to no avail. Probably something I did when I was rooting around in the transfer case changing the chain and bearings 🤷‍♂️
Just crack it and find out. What a mess. May just need an adjustment, getting things in the right place. Have you been in there recently?

Just crack it and find out. What a mess. May just need an adjustment, getting things in the right place. Have you been in there recently?
I have been in there recently, and that is probably what the real problem is…
There is plenty that I’m confident doing, but I think I’ve already fucked something up, so I’ll let a professional take care of it.