Walmart pulling all guns and ammo

freedom_in_4low

TJ Addict
Supporting Member

Is this what people are expecting? Major civil unrest after elections?

The left thinks that if Trump loses, Trump will refuse to accept he results and won't leave office, and the left will have to start a civil war to "protect our democracy".

The right thinks that if Trump wins, BLM and Antifa will escalate the rioting and looting again. I'd say this is fairly likely.

freedom_in_4low

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I honestly didn’t even know Walmart sold guns or ammo.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was dependent on the region.

It's a really small selection, handgun ammo is almost all just FMJ, nothing JHP or anything special. The only thing I'd ever buy there is cheap plinking stuff.

It's been a while since I paid any attention to their guns, but I seem to remember it mostly being sub $500 hunting type stuff like Mossberg shotguns and some bolt action rifles. Don't remember ever seeing handguns or AR's though it wouldn't be totally shocking to see something generic, entry level Bushmaster.

Reactions: Daron and Chris

WallyWest

TJ Enthusiast
It is state dependant, but in recent years they keep doing the virtue signalling thing by stopping sales for a while, only to quietly put them back out later.

Years ago they were my go to supplier for target ammo.

DieselJeep

TJ Enthusiast
We don't have a lot of Biden voters here, so I'm not too worried about peaceful looting and haven't been to Walmart for awhile anyway to care what they do or don't do.

Reactions: Rubi04

EzPeezy

TJ Enthusiast
I'm glad I'll be here in Baja - I feel like some shit is gonna go down, but I don't think it will be a civil war. At least I pray it won't be.

The USA is so divided over bullshit. I hate that most people can have a decent discussion in person and disagree without hating each other, but it's not that way online.

Reactions: DieselJeep

DieselJeep

TJ Enthusiast
I am in Trump country and though we don't want the policies that have been floated and then countered and then flaunted and then hidden by Biden, there's not going to be tearing of clothing type responses here. We'll just be wary of an overreaching government and go on with our days until that overreach knocks on our doors, which sounds like it's getting closer, with all the rumblings from the ATF that we've been hearing for months.

In my area, we're not getting much stuff at Walmart. We typically like getting pretty close to the NFA items. We've grown up with stuff for hunting. We want items to best defend our homes and loved ones but most importantly have fun at the range or in our fields. Walmart hasn't carried the stuff that's best to defend our homes in awhile. I've got other options for every item there.

Apparition

Notable member
Supporting Member
Walmart did an about face:

Smart move. I do like buying their value packs of shot shells and they sometimes have cheap boxes of clays.

My first 12 gauge came from Walmart way back when.

Reactions: Rubi04 and Chris