Want a wrecked JL?

Worked with railcars for 40 years, all it takes is a sharp wheel flange and a loose joint bar where the steel wheel catches an edge of the end of the rail. It’ll lift the car right up until the bottom of the wheel breaks the edge and then you’re done. Seen way too many derails.

Hopefully the vehicles will be donated to some schools auto shop programs. If they still have such a thing.

In September of 1990 there was a train derailment near Yuma AZ. A whole bunch of GM F bodies (camaro and firebird) were on the train. GM donated 4 cars to each of the local high schools and the local college for their shop programs. A friend of mine used them as teaching aides in his classes for a lot of years.

Liability lawyers is the reason they will just be turned into scrap iron. Donations of wrecked vehicles just screams of law suit if any thing goes south with it. It's just not worth it. Looks like somebody is going to still be waiting for the delivery of their long sought after "Gladiator" for a few more months!

Liability lawyers is the reason they will just be turned into scrap iron. Donations of wrecked vehicles just screams of law suit if any thing goes south with it. It's just not worth it. Looks like somebody is going to still be waiting for the delivery of their long sought after "Gladiator" for a few more months!

Are people really waiting on them? The Jeep dealer, around the corner from me, has had the same 4 sitting out front for the last 3 months. I have only seen one "in the wild" to date.

Or the fact the dealers are adding a $10k-$20k markup to cash in on all the “Jeep Truck,” hype. Shameful and unethical business practice.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a...or-prices-dealer-markups/?src=socialflowFBRAT
The dealer next to me has 4 on the lot and no mark ups. I think the only dealers that will mark them up are ones with a small allocation. They don't actually want to sell them right now but instead want people to come by and look at them.

The dealer next to me has 4 on the lot and no mark ups. I think the only dealers that will mark them up are ones with a small allocation. They don't actually want to sell them right now but instead want people to come by and look at them.
You're saying the $20k is a bluff and they dont actually want anyone to pay that, instead they just want people in the door looking vs. selling actual vehicles and moving monthly sales numbers?

You're saying the $20k is a bluff and they dont actually want anyone to pay that, instead they just want people in the door looking vs. selling actual vehicles and moving monthly sales numbers?
They will gladly sell them. But I don't think they actually expect to sell too many. I heard with the hellcats they actually got less of an allocation if they sold above msrp.

No markup, but I would bet they all have $15-20k in options on them.

They will gladly sell them. But I don't think they actually expect to sell too many. I heard with the hellcats they actually got less of an allocation if they sold above msrp.
Right, Dodge wasnt happy with dealers marking up their Hellcats.

“Dodge said that its earliest production run of Demons, with lower VIN serial numbers, will go to dealers who promise to sell them "at or below" the manufacturer’s suggested retail price. Dodge will demand a notarized “acknowledgment document,” signed by both dealer and potential customer, that includes their agreed-upon contract price. That document must be received by a so-called “Demon Concierge” at Dodge before the car will be counted as a sold order and slated for production. Dealers can begin placing those orders on June 21.

Call it a version of “first dibs”: Dealers who insist on selling a Demon for more than sticker price will be pushed back in line, and their cars won't be built until the “priority production” is completed. But with only 3,000 Demons coming to American showrooms beginning this fall in a single-year, 2018 model run (plus 300 more for Canada), it seems possible that dealers with dollar signs in their eyes might end up so far back in line that they risk getting no Demons at all.”

https://www.thedrive.com/new-cars/1...o-halt-dealer-markups-on-challenger-srt-demon

Reactions: Alex01
No markup, but I would bet they all have $15-20k in options on them.
Yes they all have roughly 12k + in options. But to be fair most vehicles are well equipped that land on lots since they build them for what they figure most buyers will want. Often, if you want a bare bones model you either need to search around or order. (At least in my area)