Want a wrecked JL?

billiebob

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Yesterday in Nevada...
derailment-3.jpg

And to think... they still look better than anything fab fours could create.

Chevy didn't luck out either.

I have seen guys get barely wrecked vehicles like that , kind of a dream fixer upper with no miles .

Pretty cool they were enclosed in transport.

I never think of the rail system for cars but I’m sure lots go by rail.

Reactions: Starrs
I have seen guys get barely wrecked vehicles like that , kind of a dream fixer upper with no miles .

Pretty cool they were enclosed in transport.

I never think of the rail system for cars but I’m sure lots go by rail.
Wonder if these could be bought. Would be interesting. Salvage title would suck, but could get one pretty cheap I’d imagine.

See these railcars all the time here in and around Houston carrying autos. You have to look real close as you're passing one to see if it actually has cars in it.. the fine mesh sides hides them pretty well. I once thought they were huge cattle cars but no.

Wonder if these could be bought. Would be interesting. Salvage title would suck, but could get one pretty cheap I’d imagine.
That would be the kind of Salvage title I might consider , say you want an off road jl based rig at nice TJ/lj price range

That 8 speed tranny would be really fine .

I know already a JK like yours may be in my future , I just need to love the one I’m with for now .....plus got a good kid pointed toward vet school.

I like my TJ, finally got it it where I wanted , but it will ever only be a TJ. I know a JK is smooth.

Reactions: Starrs
That would be the kind of Salvage title I might consider , say you want an off road jl based rig at nice TJ/lj price range

That 8 speed tranny would be really fine .

I know already a JK like yours may be in my future , I just need to love the one I’m with for now .....plus got a good kid pointed toward vet school.

I like my TJ, finally got it it where I wanted , but it will ever only be a TJ. I know a JK is smooth.
Yea the jk 3.6 is phenomenal with the 6speed and 4.10s. The JL with the same engine 4.10s and 8 speed is insanely good. Not quite enough to make me want to spend an additional 20k tho. Not yet anyway.

Reactions: AndyG
Yea the jk 3.6 is phenomenal with the 6speed and 4.10s. The JL with the same engine 4.10s and 8 speed is insanely good. Not quite enough to make me want to spend an additional 20k tho. Not yet anyway.
As good as you are on reading the market and finding good metal, you will snag one eventually I bet.

It would be a liability for a dealer to sell those. Much less for a dealer to profit off a damaged new car. One has to remember dealers are in the business to make money not give products away. So to brainstorm a way to profit off that would be highly unlikely from a dealer (even considering their reputation for shadiness)

FCA wouldnt deliver to a dealer as is, the dealer paid for and has the right a new undamaged vehicle as purchased. They have insurance for this. Once insurance pays out its theirs to sell to a salvage yard...there’s your chance. (Could be wrong here, but poke holes)

If I had to guess, they will sit in some train yard for years with the long forgotten intent to have them towed to a salvage yard.

Cool to think about getting it damaged (discount!) and making it a trail queen.