Want to Run 35s: Should I build the Dana 35 or swap in a Dana 44?

I'll help you use google:

https://www.google.com/search?q=jee...rome..69i57.7687j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Start reading now before you waste your money. Or is it too late?

Someone is bringing a knife to a gun fight. This story has been hashed and rehashed. No need to google, just refer to the above referenced thread and you will have more than enough info.

For the OP, I’m in your exact same position with my 00. I’ve done tons of research and have read many posts written by extremely experienced Dudes like Jerry and have landed on a Super 35 from Revolution. Seems to be the best ROI.

Reactions: JeepFarmer
If you already have a 35 than I would just put a super 35 kit in and you'll be happy. If you ever get wild and destroy it then I would think about upgrading. I have a Ford 8.8 that came out of a 99 Explorer and put a Super 88 kit in and that came with 31 spline axles. I installed 4.88 gears with an electric locker, I run an LS and never had a problem while running my 35's.

Revolution gear and axle makes the axle shafts that I would use. That combined with a locker and you are done. I have noticed some shops sell a Super 35 kit with the Revolution shafts, or you can buy in parts. That will give you 30 spline shafts and a good locker. I know on another forum a guy has been running a Super 35 kit in Johnson Valley for several years and has never had an issue with it.

Someone is bringing a knife to a gun fight. This story has been hashed and rehashed. No need to google, just refer to the above referenced thread and you will have more than enough info.

For the OP, I’m in your exact same position with my 00. I’ve done tons of research and have read many posts written by extremely experienced Dudes like Jerry and have landed on a Super 35 from Revolution. Seems to be the best ROI.
Just want to say..Jerry doesnt even run a Dana 35, his Jeep has a Dana 44 “upgrade” under it . Take/read into that as you will...

Last edited:
Revolution gear and axle makes the axle shafts that I would use. That combined with a locker and you are done. I have noticed some shops sell a Super 35 kit with the Revolution shafts, or you can buy in parts. That will give you 30 spline shafts and a good locker. I know on another forum a guy has been running a Super 35 kit in Johnson Valley for several years and has never had an issue with it.
Revolution sells chinese/imported axle shafts.
Dutchman axle offers completely custom Dana 35 axles to support a “super 35” and they are 100% made in the USA using domestic metals...

Revolution sells chinese/imported axle shafts.
Dutchman axle offers completely custom Dana 35 axles to support a “super 35” and they are 100% made in the USA using domestic metals...

Revolution Gear & Axle Dana 35, US Made Rear Axle Kit for 91-06 Jeep Wrangler YJ & Wrangler TJ and 91-97 Cherokee XJ, 30 Spline Upgrade Super35 with Detroit Locker . All Revolution, rear axle kits come with the Bearings seals and retainers 100% pressed together and ready to install and are backed by a comprehensive lifetime warranty that covers all failures including bent shafts. (Note: wheel studs are included in kit but not installed into the axles for safer transport. Install studs using red Loctite and torque to 90Ft-Lbs)

Revolution Gear & Axle Dana 35, US Made Rear Axle Kit for 91-06 Jeep Wrangler YJ & Wrangler TJ and 91-97 Cherokee XJ, 30 Spline Upgrade Super35 with Detroit Locker . All Revolution, rear axle kits come with the Bearings seals and retainers 100% pressed together and ready to install and are backed by a comprehensive lifetime warranty that covers all failures including bent shafts. (Note: wheel studs are included in kit but not installed into the axles for safer transport. Install studs using red Loctite and torque to 90Ft-Lbs)

Wonder why it doesnt show up here:
https://www.revolutiongear.com/products/category/axles/category/american_made
That page shows all their American made axles and the Dana 35 American made axles are not on there.

Can you send me a link with the American made Dana 35 axles?