Want to test out a performance product worth $100 for free?

ZEN357

TJ Enthusiast
Want to test out a performance product worth $100 for free???

Do you own a late model Jeep Wrangler JL Model, Jeep Cherokee or Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Would you like to test out a performance part worth $100 for free?

You must be willing to give feedback on how well the product performs for you and how well you like it.

Private message me and I will give you the details.

Thanks,
Ed

A $100 performance part? You're going to have to give up a little more information.

Does this "part" go on our TJ's???? I assume so since this is a TJ forum, but no TJ listed in the original post.?? What up?

giphy.gif

If I had to guess, it's probably "air intake" related. "Performance" products always are.

Because you know, there's a lot of power to be gained from "air intakes" on Wranglers :rolleyes:

Either way, there's no harm in posting it. I think we're all just ribbing you ;)

If I had to guess, it's probably "air intake" related. "Performance" products always are.

Because you know, there's a lot of power to be gained from "air intakes" on Wranglers :rolleyes:

Either way, there's no harm in posting it. I think we're all just ribbing you ;)
From what I’ve researched on intakes on jeeps that Jeep engineers made the tj intake more than large enough accommodate a 2.5 or 4.0. Now if it was a built motor that would be a different story. They said there is really no gains from short or long air intake. Is that right ?

From what I’ve researched on intakes on jeeps that Jeep engineers made the tj intake more than large enough accommodate a 2.5 or 4.0. Now if it was a built motor that would be a different story. They said there is really no gains from short or long air intake. Is that right ?

You will get zero gains from an air intake on a stock 4.0, this is correct.

The big issue with the 4.0 is that it simply doesn't flow well enough to begin with. This isn't a result of a restrictive air intake, it's quite the opposite actually. When you open up one pathway for air (i.e., the air intake), you need to open up other pathways as well.

If you were to port and polish the head, install bigger valves, full headers, AND an air intake, then you'd see some serious horsepower gains.

But with just the air intake alone, no chance. You're trying to force more air into an engine that doesn't flow well enough to take advantage of any extra air to begin with.

Reactions: Big Red 1