Want to test out a performance product worth $100 for free?

The reviews are hilarious. The filter sounds fantastic. Yep, that's why I buy a filter, so I can hear it.
The test rig is fun. Compared to the other examples, we know that the Green Filter will flow at least enough additional air to float a ping pong ball within a tube. My 4.0 will appreciate that, right?

Reactions: Chris
The test rig is fun. Compared to the other examples, we know that the Green Filter will flow at least enough additional air to float a ping pong ball within a tube. My 4.0 will appreciate that, right?
I've seen the same rig for K&N at a lot of parts stores. I always wondered what would happen if you used one of their outerwear filter socks on the test filter.

Reactions: jjvw
Ok so from the undereducated in filter design it seems the green filter flows the same amount of air as a hole. To me, again from the uneducated, if it flows the same amount as a hole it also filters the same amount?

Ok so from the undereducated in filter design it seems the green filter flows the same amount of air as a hole. To me, again from the uneducated, if it flows the same amount as a hole it also filters the same amount?
Without an actual test to see what size particle and how much it can hold, we don't know that. The problem with all of the filter nonsense and I mean ALL of it, is most modern cars do not benefit from reduced restriction in the OEM filter box with a filter in place. NO BENEFIT WHATSOEVER!!! No increase in performance, no increase in mileage, zero, zip, zilch, nada.

Just to throw a couple numbers out there, a gas guzzling 5.7 Hemi (experience first had) can only flow at max 510cfm on the motor. According to the chart, it flows 920cfm. That’s a lot of air for my little Jeep motor.

Can he do that? If so, I want to know how to do it to.

Click on the person's avatar. In the little pop-up window, then click "Ignore".

When you do that, it will ignore everything. You won't even see that person's responses anymore. Before it used to just block out the content of their message but still show a response.

Now it just straight up blocks them altogether. You won't get alerts from them if they quote you or tag you either.

Some useful numbers in here...
https://tinyurl.com/y8t9cqgt

The stock 4.0 can only pull in a maximum of ~383cfm. Does the air filter you currently use restrict that flow rate?

Last edited:
Just to throw a couple numbers out there, a gas guzzling 5.7 Hemi (experience first had) can only flow at max 510cfm on the motor. According to the chart, it flows 920cfm. That’s a lot of air for my little Jeep motor.
This will help. There are some small gains to be had with a non clogged filter at WOT, but in general there is not enough benefit to justify anything over a quality standard filter. If you want to allow yourself to be attention span deficient, you can skip ahead to the conclusion unless you want to know how they got there. Essentially, if your air filter is restrictive enough to affect much, the vehicle will be undrivable and the vacuum will suck the filter collapsed in the filter box.

It is interesting to note what they did to mimic a clogged filter which shows just how small the restriction is for normal filters.

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/pdfs/Air_Filter_Effects_02_26_2009.pdf

Reactions: Big Red 1
Click on the person's avatar. In the little pop-up window, then click "Ignore".

When you do that, it will ignore everything. You won't even see that person's responses anymore. Before it used to just block out the content of their message but still show a response.

Now it just straight up blocks them altogether. You won't get alerts from them if they quote you or tag you either.
I was being facetious. I can ignore folks without a button. ;)

Reactions: Chris
Not knocking on the filter or anything, it’s probably a damn good filter according to the chart and probably would see large gains in high performance motors or stock v8. I don’t believe that we’re the target market for this if anybody done any research on the air Intake on the tj. It flows more than enough for the motor. As far as fuel economy, it may make a 1mpg difference at best but fuel economy really isn’t a concern on my end considering I drive a vehicle with body lines the equivalent of a brick

Not knocking on the filter or anything, it’s probably a damn good filter according to the chart and probably would see large gains in high performance motors or stock v8. I don’t believe that we’re the target market for this if anybody done any research on the air Intake on the tj. It flows more than enough for the motor. As far as fuel economy, it may make a 1mpg difference at best but fuel economy really isn’t a concern on my end considering I drive a vehicle with body lines the equivalent of a brick
Read that study. It won't be 1mpg.