WTB: Groundpounder Fab Rear Bumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle_W

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I have a GroundPounder fab front bumper, however I would like a rear bumper to match it. Since he no longer makes bumpers, the only place I can get a a 2x4" steel bumper is from Dirtworx.

However, if anyone has one that they are taking off of their Jeep, or even has a Dirtworx bumper that they are taking off of their Jeep, I just need a 2x4" rear bumper with a hitch on it.

This is what the front bumper looks like:

c5c6f340b3dbd0054da827801e92ad26.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
Good luck finding one of Eddie's masterpieces. I had one on my 2000 TJ which I sold last year. I took a ton of photos of it in case I ever wanted to attempt to duplicate it for my LJ. It is a great bumper/tire carrier.

Reactions: Kyle_W and Serbonze
Good luck finding one of Eddie's masterpieces. I had one on my 2000 TJ which I sold last year. I took a ton of photos of it in case I ever wanted to attempt to duplicate it for my LJ. It is a great bumper/tire carrier.

Good idea on your part! Sucks that we can’t buy them brand new anymore.

It would be pretty easy to replicate one of his bumpers ourselves. I just don’t know how to weld yet.

Buy some 2x4” steel, cut the end corners off, round the edges with a grinder, weld on our accessories? Ruffstuff sells 1” d-ring points that look exactly like Eddie’s. They also sell 2” receiver stock. I believe that JCR, or another fab company, makes a rear bumper mounting kit that you just weld onto, in our case, 2x4” steel.

The easy part is finding the parts. The hard part is keeping it all straight during welding. I recall Eddie saying he eventually made jigs for everything so he could ensure repeatability and keep things true. I would see A LOT of grinding on mine.

Reactions: Kyle_W and Travis
The easy part is finding the parts. The hard part is keeping it all straight during welding. I recall Eddie saying he eventually made jigs for everything so he could ensure repeatability and keep things true. I would see A LOT of grinding on mine.

What I planned on doing was buying the frame mounting kit, bolting it up, and then welding my 2x4” steel to that (and of course keep it completely level and even with my Jeep), and then taking it off and weld the d-ring points and hitch to it.

That doesn’t sound too far fetched? What do you think?

Not at all. The tire carrier would be the difficult section, IMO. Be sure to put the D-rings mounts through both walls of the 2x4 and obviously the hitch, too.

Not at all. The tire carrier would be the difficult section, IMO. Be sure to put the D-rings mounts through both walls of the 2x4 and obviously the hitch, too.

Roger that. I am not sure how one is supposed to do that without laser cutting the holes?

Drill 4 holes on the corners of where you want the d-rings / hitch to go. Then use a cut-off-wheel to cut the square out?

Could you take a picture of how it’s mounted up to your Jeep?

That’s the least you could do. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course. I’ll take some pics in the morning of the mount and post them for you. Here are a couple of just the bumper for reference.

3F3FE10D-DC0E-49D4-BFC8-2029A1E741AC.jpeg
B4A12806-15B3-41D7-88E9-4567DB38AEB8.jpeg

Did you ever find one? I just pulled one out of storage, today. Picked it up from Eddie in 2014, put a coat of primer on it and then a coat of POR and then it went into storage where it has been until today. I have the Rear Bumper with swing gate and tire holder and the TJ tie in kit. I am in Charlottesville Va.

Status
Not open for further replies.