Wanted: new seats (but not stupid expensive)

I have my rear seat and belts out of an 04 TJR I'd trade for something or sell for $200. I removed it at 32,000 miles and always had the hard top and doors on so it's in great shape.
I did the same thing with my '04 LJ and '03 TJ. The TJ is a Rocky Mountain Edition with black vinyl seats. I put Tiburon front seats in it too but kept the rear seat thinking it would be an easy swap into the LJ for the occasional time I might need it. "Nope" ... '03 (& earlier?) rear seats won't fit in an '04 (& later?). It's not high on my list but I'm sure I'll be able to modify it. It's probably a matter of stripping the covers off of both seats and putting the '03 on to the '04.

I did the same thing with my '04 LJ and '03 TJ. The TJ is a Rocky Mountain Edition with black vinyl seats. I put Tiburon front seats in it too but kept the rear seat thinking it would be an easy swap into the LJ for the occasional time I might need it. "Nope" ... '03 (& earlier?) rear seats won't fit in an '04 (& later?). It's not high on my list but I'm sure I'll be able to modify it. It's probably a matter of stripping the covers off of both seats and putting the '03 on to the '04.
I've been to Whitby, ON several times on business. Nice area you live in.

I've been to Whitby, ON several times on business. Nice area you live in.
I HATE Whitby. :D We've been lacrosse rivals :2guns: for at least the 55 or so years that I've been in the sport. I might say I like Whitby when I truly retire ... but I will deny it until I die (lol).

Newmarket is about 45 mi to the north and west ... and is MUCH, MUCH better:campeon:and nicer the Whitby. ha ha.

Reactions: KMG
Sorry for the absence, guys. Work has been sucking my brain dry.

I'm leaning now toward having my OEM seats re-foamed and re-upholstered. I went to a local fitter that does custom work, and he looked at my seats. I have the original gray-with-some color cloth seats with vinyl backings, front and rear bench. The foam has started drying out and smells 'musty', and the bolster on the drivers side has pretty much collapsed. Other than that, the'yre in okay shape.

I asked about replacing the cloth with black neoprene with yellow piping (or a yellow panel in the middle). That'll make them relatively waterproof, and will be super-easy to clean. He gave me a quote to re-cover front and rear seats, and re-foam and spring as needed, of about $1100. This seems in line with replaceing the seats all together, and I know that the new seats will be comfortable and the right shape.

I'm close to agreeing to go ahead with it... it'll definitely give the old girl a facelift!

Sorry for the absence, guys. Work has been sucking my brain dry.

I'm leaning now toward having my OEM seats re-foamed and re-upholstered. I went to a local fitter that does custom work, and he looked at my seats. I have the original gray-with-some color cloth seats with vinyl backings, front and rear bench. The foam has started drying out and smells 'musty', and the bolster on the drivers side has pretty much collapsed. Other than that, the'yre in okay shape.

I asked about replacing the cloth with black neoprene with yellow piping (or a yellow panel in the middle). That'll make them relatively waterproof, and will be super-easy to clean. He gave me a quote to re-cover front and rear seats, and re-foam and spring as needed, of about $1100. This seems in line with replaceing the seats all together, and I know that the new seats will be comfortable and the right shape.

I'm close to agreeing to go ahead with it... it'll definitely give the old girl a facelift!
Do a little research on using the neoprene before you commit. I've read a few posts where folks say they dislike the material because of the way it makes you sweat. I would have to agree with that statement. I'd want something that breathes, myself. Anyway, just check into it. You don't want to spend that kind of coin, only to be dissatisfied with it, later.

I've got neoprene covers on mine, it's like sitting on vinyl seats but minus the burning and sliding (or sticking if you have shorts) it sure doesn't help with the swass though. Also the cloth that covers the rubber isn't all that tough. I have a couple holes on mine that look almost like cigarette burns but I don't smoke.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

I plan on getting a used set of seats for my 03 and then re covering them using sunbrella upholstery fabric... it is marine grade waterproof but softer compared to the standard sunbrella. I will probably add a few pouches to the sides and back also. After tinkering with the fit a few times, I’ll offer them to the group for self install.

Reactions: Aloha Joe
Thanks vor all your input, guys. I'm still not sure what direction i'll go. but now i have more to think about :(