Wanted to warn members about Morris 4x4

@Chris Transamerican Auto Parts LLC is the parent company of “4wheel parts” (if that’s the proper way of putting it) but I’ve had good experiences with them, thus far.

Now, Extreme Turd Terrain and their garbage house brands.....never. Since going back and forth for a refund from them years ago, (finally getting it through my bank) I’ve never returned for a single product. They’re owned by ‘American Muscle’, which seems to be their real passion.

I ordered parts from them last week to replace my rear main seal. While I was working on my Jeep, I thought I'd replace the oil pan and a few more parts. I had 5 parts in my basket and all 5 came from a different warehouse. They wanted to charge me shipping 5 times.

Yeah I found out the hard way that with RockAuto you have to be careful about this. They put a colored 'truck' icon next to the parts in your cart. If they are all the same color, they are all coming from the same place. When shopping for multiple things, try to pick parts that have the same color truck to keep shipping low. So, if you are looking for brake hoses, it probably doesn't matter if you pick Wagner or Raybestos, so pay attention to the little truck color.

Yeah I found out the hard way that with RockAuto you have to be careful about this. They put a colored 'truck' icon next to the parts in your cart. If they are all the same color, they are all coming from the same place. When shopping for multiple things, try to pick parts that have the same color truck to keep shipping low. So, if you are looking for brake hoses, it probably doesn't matter if you pick Wagner or Raybestos, so pay attention to the little truck color.

Its those small details where they get ya. I think I used Rockauto once.

If I can find the part locally, I prefer to pay the few dollars extra. So if it fails prematurely, I can drive it right back and do the exchange. Unfortunately, not all Jeep parts are readily avail locally these days.

Reactions: hardtailpan
@Chris Transamerican Auto Parts LLC is the parent company of “4wheel parts” (if that’s the proper way of putting it) but I’ve had good experiences with them, thus far.

Now, Extreme Turd Terrain and their garbage house brands.....never. Since going back and forth for a refund from them years ago, (finally getting it through my bank) I’ve never returned for a single product. They’re owned by ‘American Muscle’, which seems to be their real passion.

Yep, I knew that. They aren't terrible to deal with as long as you don't go to their in person stores and have them do any work on your vehicle (or listen to any advice their sales reps give you).

I agree with you 100% on Extreme Terrain. I very much dislike them and haven't had good experiences with them either.

Reactions: fourpointzero
That's the same crap that "Cheaper Than Dirt" pulls for firearms related stuff. You have to be VERY careful when buying from this business model. Sometimes Rock is way cheaper than anybody else, othertimes their shipping is ridiculous. I just bough a pair of Gates TJ heater hoses from Rock that together, with shipping, was about the same price as ONE from Amazon or any of the auto parts stores - O'Reilly's, Autozone, etc.

Google is your friend. What makes top name brand Chinese made parts better than Shittybilt? The price you got ripped off paying for them? I personally don't buy Chinese products, unless it involves Hunan chicken and broccoli.
p.s. Is your screen name because you buy cheap ass Chinese parts. BuildbreakRepeat is a theme song in China for idiots that don't buy products from their own country. Didn't Trump kicking Bill Clinton's mistress "Hillary" tell you anything? Currie and Savvy want your business and thinking.

View attachment 181122
What the fuck?

What the fuck?

Emphasis on the "What the fuck?"

I've had great success with RockAuto, but I've only ever needed one part at a time. Their website makes things super easy and shipping is always fast. When it comes to aftermarket parts, nothing on the name brand 4WheelParts or Quadratec sites are even worth buying. Mostly garbage. I went to 4WP Salt Lake for a quote on a lift installation in 2016 when I didn't know any better. They refused to even give me a quote because they carried very few of the parts I wanted.

Morris is really hard to deal with, zero customer service on a return, order a new part they answer immediately, return...literally hours on the phone, even while I type, no answer yet I've been the next one in the que for 30 minutes. Never again.

Reactions: Chris
Morris is really hard to deal with, zero customer service on a return, order a new part they answer immediately, return...literally hours on the phone, even while I type, no answer yet I've been the next one in the que for 30 minutes. Never again.

Even though I am well aware of this thread and Morris’s less than satisfactory customer service, I called them about a part I was looking to order. The gentleman on the phone was very kind and even gave me his extension to call back, when I was ready to place it. But I also called Northridge 4x4 and aside from reading good reviews via @Chris , the service rep was a straight up guy and honest about the length of time it’ll be to receive my bumper. I did my homework earlier and called the manufacturer, to see what they’re estimated time was and If it aligned with both Morris and Northridge. Morris gave me an impossible ship date that I knew could not be met (because I spoke to the builder) so of course, I went w the latter.

Will be happy to report back when I finally receive my shipment.

That's fine but what I am referring to has to do with returns. The website description was wrong, but they charged me a restocking fee and,,,,,shipping cost even though shipping was free. They use Covid as an excuse for poor customer service,,,so tire of hearing that

That's fine but what I am referring to has to do with returns. The website description was wrong, but they charged me a restocking fee and,,,,,shipping cost even though shipping was free. They use Covid as an excuse for poor customer service,,,so tire of hearing that

I agree. The COVID excuse for poor customer service is getting old.

Reactions: fourpointzero
Ordered in April. That’s right folks, April. Got it today 🤣 Morris will be getting all of my business from this point on!

image.jpg

• Haha
I've missed this posting... I've ordered from Moranything back in feb. 2019 and the items shipped within a couple days. (bomb proof 1" mm)
So didn't think much about ordering again. This time a set of hood latches back in Feb 28, 2021. So two weeks go by no ship notice, so I contacted them and got a ship date of 3/24. so I waited until the date passed.

Contacted them again, they have been very prompt with replies, so this time got a ship date of 5/07.

Again waited until after that date. Contacted them again and got another ship date of 6/02.

Surprise! nothing so now I've requested a refund and all I get are crickets......no response.

So enter PayPal dispute.

Now Quadratec have always been good with my orders and even substituted an item when I've ordered the wrong one at no addition charge. I've even recieved discounts on items that have a substantial price.

Last edited:
I've missed this posting... I've ordered from Moranything back in feb. 2019 and the items shipped within a couple days. (bomb proof 1" mm)
So didn't think much about ordering again. This time a set of hood latches back in Feb 28, 2021. So two weeks go by no ship notice, so I contacted them and got a ship date of 3/24. so I waited until the date passed.

Contacted them again, they have been very prompt with replies, so this time got a ship date of 5/07.

Again waited until after that date. Contacted them again and got another ship date of 6/02.

Surprise! nothing so now I've requested a refund and all I get are crickets......no response.

So enter PayPal dispute.

Now Quadratec have always been good with my orders and even substituted an item when I've ordered the wrong one at no addition charge. I've even recieved discounts on items that have a substantial price.
Was going to complain on BBB site, but they already have an 'F' rating so would not do any good there. Can't get much lower than that....

Well the Paypal dispute got some attention. Received email today, their checking to see if item shipped.