Wanted to warn members about Morris 4x4

It wasn’t a time frame. The only email I received from them said it would be shipped between 6/4-6:8. Since it hasn’t arrived yet they wanted to start. It was their opinion that 21 days without receiving it was too long. They did say for them 180 days from charge date to file a dispute on a charge. After that you’re out of luck. Other companies may be different

Reactions: Chris
I don't order much anymore since I finished putting my Jeep back on the road but i've ordered plenty from Morris4x4 and never had a problem. Before the virus. Got email confirmations, more confirmations on when it shipped, etc. Posts like this suck because first off I hate hearing about people having problems like this and second, it definitely makes me second guess a vendor despite never having any issues with them. Just limits options. Hope it all works out for you!

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Your first problem was trying to put a flowmaster exhaust on anything, I went with the pacesetter, mandrel bent and about 1/2 the price. The only thing I didnt like was the stupid chrome tip. Ebay worked for me...Tim

There is nothing inherently wrong with a Flowmaster muffler. Some people like them; some people don't.

Although I have used Magnaflow mufflers in the past and liked the sound, I am currently running this Flowmaster muffler. It fits where it needs to fit and the exhaust sounds like an exhaust should sound with no rasp or drone.

12518304.jpg

https://www.holley.com/brands/flowm...lers/laminar_flow_mufflers/super_hp-2_series/

@2005tj : Did you check other vendors such as Summit Racing for the exhaust you are looking for?

Guess what? My Mopar parts that I ordered from Morris got sent to a random house in California - $50 worth. I’ve called customer service 16 times over the last couple months. And here’s the big shocker....I sat on hold over 6hrs each time (just let it sit while I worked) and never got a person on the line. Never. No replies to my emails either. I mean this from the bottom of my heart, fuck Morris 4x4.

Reactions: starkey480
So sorry to hear that. They are going to run themselves out of business. If you call them again hit 1 for sales. They answer in a few minutes. Customer service never does.
Morris4x4 customer service all died of covid. At least that's what their marketing guy claims. I remain skeptical.

Stay away from ... Quadratec

I don't understand your beef with Quadratec at all. As the forum admin, I think it's wholly unfair to shit-talk a company that doesn't deserve it while simultaneously telling people to stuff Jeff Bezos' pockets with more money.

I checked my order history with Quadratec: over 30 orders placed and I've only had an issue with one.

I don't understand your beef with Quadratec at all. As the forum admin, I think it's wholly unfair to shit-talk a company that doesn't deserve it while simultaneously telling people to stuff Jeff Bezos' pockets with more money.

I checked my order history with Quadratec: over 30 orders placed and I've only had an issue with one.

So hold-on, I'm not allowed to voice my opinion just because I'm forum admin?

I'll have you know that almost every single experience I've had with Quadratec (and it's been more than a handful of them) has been a bad one. To start with, I can't tell you how many times they've listed something as in-stock, only for me to order it, have them charge my card, and then get an email the next day saying that it's actually not in stock and on backorder.

In addition, getting ahold of their customer service (all except one time) was a nightmare to say the least.

So I should just shut my mouth because I'm forum admin? My experiences don't matter?

Lining Jeff Bezos pockets? Are you some sort of holy crusader here as to whose pockets are okay to get lined and whose aren't?

Fuck yes I'd rather deal with Amazon customer service any day over Quadratec. In addition, 99% of the time I look a part up on Quadratec and Amazon has it cheaper, usually by quite a bit. So why would I get it from Quadratec? I don't owe them anything, they aren't special in any way.

Are they some sort of mom-and-pop business I am supposed to give two shits about? They are a huge company. If I want to support a Jeep specific company I'll go buy from Currie, Savvy, Northridge, Warn, etc. (which I frequently do).

Why do I need to go through Quadratec? Most of the crap they are reselling is stuff I can get on Amazon or somewhere else anyways. If I want a shitty Chinese bumper, I can get it from so many places it's not even funny. Obviously if I'm going to be that cheap, I'm going to go with the place with the cheapest price and best customer service, and 9 out of 10 times that turns out to be Amazon. It just so happens that Amazon seems to really know how to make customer service and returns painless as can be. I can't fault them for that.

And last but not least, if "lining Jeff Bezos pockets" is one of the ways I can keep this forum running (see link), is that such a bad thing?

Clearly you have something against Amazon. Well that's fair, because clearly I have something against Quadratec. Does that make us even?

If someone had a positive experience with Quadratec, more power to them. I'm simply stating that I have had numerous negative experiences with them. I don't see how that's managed to get under your skin so much.

But I should keep my "shit-talking" to myself though because I am forum admin, right?

I gave up on Quadratec years ago, mainly because of their high prices. So long ago they even stopped sending me their fancy catalogs.

Not to mention I sent them several very polite emails over several years telling one of their speedometer gear charts had a couple errors in it. They never bothered to reply or correct the errors.

I gave up on Quadratec years ago, mainly because of their high prices. so long ago they even stopped sending me their fancy catalogs.

Not to mention I sent them several very polite emails over several years telling one of their speedometer gear charts had a couple errors in it. They never bothered to reply or correct the errors.

And my other issue with Quadratec is that even though they have a "price match guarantee", who is really going to take the time to get them to price match something, when ordering it from somewhere else who has it listed for cheaper is as easy as a click of a button?

In almost all cases, I find Quadratec is usually more expensive.

Also, try emailing Quadratec and see how long it takes them to respond :rolleyes:

I get it, I could pick up the phone, sure. But it's 2020, if you aren't responding to emails (or texts), you might be a bit outdated.

Don't get me going on Quadratec's predatory 'lowest price guarantee'. Most competing 4x4 shops sell what Quadratec does but for less $$$. Quadratec generally advertises higher prices and makes more $$$ because most of its customers are too lazy to look for lower prices. But some loser customers will see a cheaper price elsewhere and instead of rewarding the lower priced shop by buying from them they instead run to Quadratec who matches the lower price of the other shop... totally screwing the shop with the better and more honest up front price out of the sale. Quadratec laughs all the way to the bank.

I publicly called Quadratec out on a very large Jeep forum on a "for example" of a Uniden CB radio they were selling for $60 that others were selling for $29-35. It wasn't long after that they ended up reducing their price on that CB.

They occasionally have reasonable pricing on some items but in my personal opinion Quadratec is just not competitive with most smaller retailers. And few of their many customers understand that.

• Face Palm
Reactions: Rubisohoe and Chris
I just have no loyalty to a shop that is reselling mostly Chinese products I can find anywhere else, usually for cheaper.

When it comes to speciality stuff (i.e. something like a Savvy bumper, MORryde tailgate, Warn winch, etc.), I'll usually just buy it straight from the guys who make it.

But when it comes to the run-of-the-mill Rugged Ridge, Crown Automotive, OMIX-ADA, or whatever else, I could care less who I get it from. Like I said earlier, I'll go with whoever has the best price and the best customer service / return policy.

Now given that this thread was original about Morris 4x4, Morris can just rot in hell entirely for all I care.

Morris has been known as being very problematic well before any of this COVID-19 nonsense started. Those guys just don't know how to run a business, period.

And my other issue with Quadratec is that even though they have a "price match guarantee", who is really going to take the time to get them to price match something, when ordering it from somewhere else who has it listed for cheaper is as easy as a click of a button?

This is only compelling marketing with brick and mortar that banks on the human nature of wanting things now... i guess they’re looking to create loyalists somehow, but that’s not often something they seem to be going for under shipping or customer service.

This is only compelling marketing with brick and mortar that banks on the human nature of wanting things now... i guess they’re looking to create loyalists somehow, but that’s not often something they seem to be going for under shipping or customer service.

Right?

Discount Tire has a price match guarantee, but they are brick and mortar. I regularly take advantage of their price matching as well, because anytime I go in for new tires, I will look them up online first, then they will match the best online price, no questions asked.

But that only works for brick and mortar in most cases.

In the modern day of online buying, companies need to be concerned first and foremost with customer service. This is one reason Amazon has thrived in my opinion.

Super fast shipping times (which has spoiled us all) and returns that are so effortless it's almost unbelievable (as long as it's fulfilled through Amazon and not a third party seller).

I'm not going to lie, I love ordering something and in most cases getting it either the next day or 2-days later.

Reactions: Zorba