Wanted to warn members about Morris 4x4

Can confirm Morris 4x4 has dropped the ball several times. I ordered some daystar core supports for my radiator back on 6/12 and I haven’t received them. I call to speak with someone and funny enough every time I call I always have 12 people exactly in front of me in the queue. Can’t get a response from anyone there.

When I tried to call this morning I had 6 people already in front of me at 0900 when they opened. It was that way for about 30 minutes. at which point I hung up and filed the case with PayPal.

Reactions: Chris
Little off topic but...

I've found the financial side of aftermarket Jeep parts to be fairly interesting. Kingswood Capital Management owns AutoAnything which owns Morris. NorthRidge4x4 is owned by Capital Partners. Bestop is owned by Kinderhook Industries. Superwinch was owned by a private equity firm for a number of years.

A lot of the companies that come across as small businesses really aren't. They might've been at one point, but the owners sold them and retired to the Bahamas. Not necessarily bad thing. But I find it funny when people claim Amazon collab on this forum takes away from small business owners. Purchasing from a lot of these places simply gives the 1% investors in PE firms a higher return on investment. Also not necessarily a bad thing, but I would prefer to give actual small businesses like Savvy my money.

I agree with this. I’ve actually looked into this myself at one point, though I never posted about it. Even Quadratec is corporate owned.

None of these big names are “small businesses” by any stretch of the imagination. A company like Savvy obviously is, but that’s entirely different.

Reactions: jodomcfrodo
I agree with this. I’ve actually looked into this myself at one point, though I never posted about it. Even Quadratec is corporate owned.

None of these big names are “small businesses” by any stretch of the imagination. A company like Savvy obviously is, but that’s entirely different.

Its pretty interesting how in depth it goes sometimes. JKS is owned by Sport Truck which is owned by Fox which is then partially owned by Altamont Capital Partners (or maybe was at some point, Fox is actually a public company you can buy stock in). Even Yukon Gear is owned by a private equity firm.

Tom Wood, Savvy, Genright, Currie, JCR, etc... are actual small businesses. Much happier to support them with my money.

I actually thought quadratec was still owned by the family that founded it but I could be wrong.

Its pretty interesting how in depth it goes sometimes. JKS is owned by Sport Truck which is owned by Fox which is then partially owned by Altamont Capital Partners (or maybe was at some point, Fox is actually a public company you can buy stock in). Even Yukon Gear is owned by a private equity firm.

Tom Wood, Savvy, Genright, Currie, JCR, etc... are actual small businesses. Much happier to support them with my money.

I actually thought quadratec was still owned by the family that founded it but I could be wrong.

Oh yes, some of it goes really deep. Trend Auto I believe it is owns a ton of them as well. 4 Wheel Parts, 4WD.com, and a number of others too I believe.

It's pretty easy to identify the smaller businesses though like you pointed out. Usually they don't have the corporate looking websites and massive product inventory posted on them that the others do.

And this is precisely why I got into an argument with another forum member recently who accused me of "lining Jeff Bezos pockets".

I see no difference in purchasing something like a set of LED headlights from Amazon versus purchasing it from 4 Wheel Parts, Quadratec, etc. It's not like any of those companies are "small businesses", and at that point I am honestly going to go with whoever has the best price, quickest shipping, and best return policy, and 9 out of 10 times, that is Amazon.

For the more niche stuff though (i.e. bumpers), I'll get that stuff from the small businesses.

I do believe these big companies and the small businesses can co-exist as they do now. You just have to actually manufacture something special and not be a reseller. Being a reseller is an extremely competitive market with low margins.

I needed a cab cover for my Jeep that just came out of the paint shop. I ordered a Bestop cover from Morris 4x4. I paid with Paypal. I had to register online after I ordered. After I ordered I thought something was weird. They charged PayPal and my credit card of course thought Paypal, but their website was showing no order. The only record I have of placing the order is on Paypal's website and the vendor listed is "Autoanything." So I went to Autoanything and put in the invoice number on their website and they are showing no record of that invoice number either.

So now I've had to file a dispute with PayPal to get my money back. I ordered another cover from Amazon.

Goodbye Morris 4x4. Nice website. Sucky company.

Well... I finally got my money back through Paypal. 30 days after I placed my order with Morris 4x4. I've had the cab cover I bought from Amazon about 2 weeks now...

I don't get it. Morris 4x4 has a very nice website. Maybe they have over extended themselves.

Well... I finally got my money back through Paypal. 30 days after I placed my order with Morris 4x4. I've had the cab cover I bought from Amazon about 2 weeks now...

I don't get it. Morris 4x4 has a very nice website. Maybe they have over extended themselves.

Nice websites don’t mean much unfortunately.

Reactions: DWR

Savvy does too. Do you know some of their overpriced parts are made in CHINA? I was looking at their high priced tie rod until I saw the origin of manufacture. On the other hand, crap Rusty's is made in the USA. Go figure.

p.s. Paypal gives me my money back within 3 days, even if I don't return the problem parts.

Savvy does too. Do you know some of their overpriced parts are made in CHINA? I was looking at their high priced tie rod until I saw the origin of manufacture. On the other hand, crap Rusty's is made in the USA. Go figure.

p.s. Paypal gives me my money back within 3 days, even if I don't return the problem parts.
I’m curious, how do you think savvy’s parts should be priced if they are over? Is there a place I can get their materials for cheaper?

There is a lot of this going around. My recent and ongoing issues with Bestop are getting to the point of me getting really pissed off.

I ordered a windshield rail from them through Amazon 3 weeks ago. It came in a trashed box with no mounting hardware. After calling and emailing them nearly a dozen times combined I decided to just put my phone on speaker and wait it out. About 40 minutes later I got a sales rep. He ordered the parts for me and indicated it would be 2-3 business days for me to get them. He even sent me a new order number. That was 15 days ago. Another round of being put on hold today for nearly 30 minutes ended with "we have no record of that order".... I told them I wanted to return the top and .... no joke.... they told me I could only do it if I had all the parts and the original packaging.

Has anyone tried RockAuto? Usually 48-72 hour shipping including weekends.

Uh oh I just ordered my body mount kit from Morris 4x4 now I'm worried..lol. I just ordered my suspension kit from Quadratec, advertised as in stock as soon as I paid for my purchase I was emailed about a delay due to it being out of stock smh. Fingers crossed this does not delay my TJ restoration. Do you guys have any expirience with "4 wheel parts", I just ordered all my body armor from them?

I actually think there website sucks and is a generic Go Daddy website with no thought put into it. Their former website was much better, and I used Morris frequently from 2010 through 2014 or so, when the change happened. My guess is a big company bought them at that time and turned it into crap.

Uh oh I just ordered my body mount kit from Morris 4x4 now I'm worried..lol. I just ordered my suspension kit from Quadratec, advertised as in stock as soon as I paid for my purchase I was emailed about a delay due to it being out of stock smh. Fingers crossed this does not delay my TJ restoration. Do you guys have any expirience with "4 wheel parts", I just ordered all my body armor from them?
I haven’t used 4WP, but have considered them, but found better prices on amazon and rock auto.
they have a store about 1/2 an hour from me, a lot of the people down here like them, seem like good people.

Ordered a Currie steering stabilizer bracket from 4wheel parts since the had the best price . Went smooth enough and recieved part quick.

Has anyone tried RockAuto? Usually 48-72 hour shipping including weekends.

I ordered parts from them last week to replace my rear main seal. While I was working on my Jeep, I thought I'd replace the oil pan and a few more parts. I had 5 parts in my basket and all 5 came from a different warehouse. They wanted to charge me shipping 5 times.

• Haha

Careful now. Lest you offend the Savvy fanboys here. 😁 Sometimes I swear. If you have something terrible to say about 'em you'll get a bead left of center.