Warn 8274 wireless upgrade

DETOUR

TJ Enthusiast
Howdy All
Has anyone info regarding a wireless kit available or has anyone built one ?
-
47159485-BD84-4B0B-8402-0C54F6163408.jpeg
I’ve checked with 2 local suppliers and they weren’t able to source a plug n play kit
( umbilical cord works fine, but .... you know “ creature comfort” is calling
Lol
47159485-BD84-4B0B-8402-0C54F6163408.jpeg

With the old metal control you will have to replace the plug and harness on the winch PN 16296, the corded control 83655 and then you can add the wireless 90287. There is an extra wire that comes with the wireless that will have to be added to the 16296 for it to work.

Reactions: DETOUR and LJGreg
With the old metal control you will have to replace the plug and harness on the winch PN 16296, the corded control 83655 and then you can add the wireless 90287. There is an extra wire that comes with the wireless that will have to be added to the 16296 for it to work.
Great !!!
I was hoping just simply plug n
1250CF74-876B-4991-95F8-A118239A39C4.jpeg
play
I well , Father’s Day is coming soon ,eh
😂

Thx folks for your ongoing support 👍🏿

-•|||||•-👋🏿💯%
1250CF74-876B-4991-95F8-A118239A39C4.jpeg

@DETOUR , what tires are those? Size?
-
E03DE799-C743-4813-993D-6878C85F238F.jpeg
SuperSwamper 35/12.5x15 // 6 ply // but they’re rock hard, even at 15 psi
-Just got them from our neighbour for peanuts ( 5 tires = 200 $ Canadian )
I’ll check later what brand
-I ran a set of COOPER DISCOVERER STT 33/12,5x15 before and got 32000 kilometres out of them. They also really impressed me with how soft the are,as they really enlarged the footprint when you air down to 10-15 psi

Reactions: matkal
I installed a non-Warn wireless controller onto my Warn winch years ago and stopped using it pretty much immediately. It slowed the responsiveness too much for me to trust it. The winch didn't respond/turn on or off immediately after pressing or releasing the button. Most disturbing was the winch didn't stop as soon as I wanted it to.

But if Warn's wireless system doesn't delay it then connecting a 5 wire controller to an older 3 wire winch is a non issue. The extra 2 wires from the controller can just be cut off or not connected. All those two wires do is make or break the ground connection to the solenoids. Older 3 wire winches have the solenoid circuit grounded permanently inside the winch.

I installed a non-Warn wireless controller onto my Warn winch years ago and stopped using it pretty much immediately. It slowed the responsiveness too much for me to trust it. The winch didn't respond/turn on or off immediately after pressing or releasing the button. Most disturbing was the winch didn't stop as soon as I wanted it to.

But if Warn's wireless system doesn't delay it then connecting a 5 wire controller to an older 3 wire winch is a non issue. The extra 2 wires from the controller can just be cut off or not connected. All those two wires do is make or break the ground connection to the solenoids. Older 3 wire winches have the solenoid circuit grounded permanently inside the winch.

Warns wireless has a slight delay it is just the way the electronics work. Less of a problem with winches with permanent magnet motors as they stop quickly but you do have to be on your toes with an 8274 as they already have a fair amount of run on without the delay of a wireless.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford

Thx Jerry
I’m sticking with umbilical cord, after I experienced the wireless winch delay on a vehicle at work

Thx Jerry
I’m sticking with umbilical cord, after I experienced the wireless winch delay on a vehicle at work

I have my 8274 hard wired to dash switches and can also use the umbilical cord on it if I need to be outside the rig.