Warn 9.0 RC

Irun

A vicious cycle of doing, undoing, and re-doing!
Supporting Member
Does anyone here run the Warn 9.0 RC? If so, how did you mount it? Asking because these run a 6x4.5 bolt pattern, as opposed to the standard 10x4.5.

Reactions: JMT
Does anyone here run the Warn 9.0 RC? If so, how did you mount it? Asking because these run a 6x4.5 bolt pattern, as opposed to the standard 10x4.5.
Ah yes the short drum M8000 with fancy paint. Do you have any kind of winch mount now?

Reactions: JMT and Irun
Ah yes the short drum M8000 with fancy paint. Do you have any kind of winch mount now?
Savvy bumper and winch plate. Is this as simple as drilling new mounting holes?

As long as you have the narrow slot hawse (10 inch mounting holes) and nothing on the underside of the bumper will interfere that is what I would do. I am sure the @mrblaine has probably done this in the past.
Many times, just use similar fasteners in all the unused holes to keep the plate laminated to the winch deck.

Reactions: Alex01 and Irun
Any chance you know if the motors are interchangable? I have one I was saving for my flatfender which is currently 6v, but 6v m8000 motors are available. Based on the cost difference I assumed the 9.0 was somehow fancier.

Any chance you know if the motors are interchangable? I have one I was saving for my flatfender which is currently 6v, but 6v m8000 motors are available. Based on the cost difference I assumed the 9.0 was somehow fancier.
When you say you have a 6v M8000 are you talking a planetary gear winch or the original Belleview spur gear winch.

The reason to my reference to the 9.0rc being an M8000 with fancy paint is it is just that. A planetary M8000 with a shortened drum and different paint and not an actual xd9000. To those in the know the planetary M8000 from its beginning could pull 9k but Warn sold it at the lower rating.

When you say you have a 6v M8000 are you talking a planetary gear winch or the original Belleview spur gear winch.

The reason to my reference to the 9.0rc being an M8000 with fancy paint is it is just that. A planetary M8000 with a shortened drum and different paint and not an actual xd9000. To those in the know the planetary M8000 from its beginning could pull 9k but Warn sold it at the lower rating.
At the moment I have a 6v vehicle and a 12v 9.0RC. I haven't run across anyone saying they make a 6v motor for a 9.0RC, but I have seen 6v motors for the m8000 or spur gear winches.

https://brennans-garage.com/products/belleview-early-warn-upright-winch-motor?variant=39743813353581
Might be cheaper to switch the vehicle to 12v.

For the original question, on my 9.0RC, the original owner redrilled the mounting plate for the smaller pattern.

I'm still thinking this one over. A friend has an Warn 9.0 RC that he installed on a Warn multi-mount, like the one below, used a couple times, then stored it in his basement. The price is stupid cheap, compared to new. What I don't know is if he has the non-multi-mount winch wiring. I'm going to check it out this weekend and see what he has.

36729-lg.jpg

At the moment I have a 6v vehicle and a 12v 9.0RC. I haven't run across anyone saying they make a 6v motor for a 9.0RC, but I have seen 6v motors for the m8000 or spur gear winches.

https://brennans-garage.com/products/belleview-early-warn-upright-winch-motor?variant=39743813353581
Might be cheaper to switch the vehicle to 12v.

For the original question, on my 9.0RC, the original owner redrilled the mounting plate for the smaller pattern.
The only winch Warn ever did 6v was the old Belleview and it is a animal all its own. There is no 6v motor that I know of that would work on Warns planetary winch line.

I'm still thinking this one over. A friend has an Warn 9.0 RC that he installed on a Warn multi-mount, like the one below, used a couple times, then stored it in his basement. The price is stupid cheap, compared to new. What I don't know is if he has the non-multi-mount winch wiring. I'm going to check it out this weekend and see what he has.

View attachment 328259
Only thing you would need to do if you do not want power wires with the Anderson plug that come with the multimount is to grab or make two new ones.

Reactions: Irun
Only thing you would need to do if you do not want power wires with the Anderson plug that come with the multimount is to grab or make two new ones.
Are there any downsides to this winch besides shorter line and non-standard mounting? Either of those aren't an issue for me.

Are there any downsides to this winch besides shorter line and non-standard mounting? Either of those aren't an issue for me.
None. As I mentioned earlier it literally is a shortened M8000 with different paint.

I feel much better then about paying less than the cost of a new M8000!
If you ever decide that you need more rope on the drum hit me up and I can get you the part numbers to make it full size.

Reactions: Irun