Warn 9.5ti 9,500 lb. winch with synthetic rope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalamond

Price
$800
Warn 9.5ti 9,500 Lb Winch. Comes with cable and electric wires. I’ve use this less than 10 times comes with synthetic rope and the steel cable that came with it. Also comes with a cover that has been on it since day one.
I just took this off my jeep this week.Comes with mounting plate. I will not ship. I’m exit 38 off of the New York sate thruway.
ADC9A537-BB39-4E73-A992-62490AC53EB9.jpeg
ADC9A537-BB39-4E73-A992-62490AC53EB9.jpeg
8DBA0D39-C2CC-4866-BA86-0AD17468B2FA.jpeg

4908420C-52E4-41B3-804F-2CF5D45805CF.jpeg

F87CA3FF-1F7B-43DE-A7F8-6EFDC4A87BA7.jpeg

B7EAE30D-5A98-4333-B229-9D4374F9511B.jpeg

5DC0A37E-760D-4C60-A1E1-BE9B7610B374.jpeg

Is the answer grade 5, and while grade 8 is fine to use, grade 5 is all that is needed for this application?

Beat me to it. I was going to say 5 but was about to go check before saying it. Iirc they are 3/8".

They are indeed grade 5 on that winch and they are coarse thread 3/8" or 3/8-16 into ungraded square nuts.

I think I find myself entirely forgetting grade 5 exists since grade 8 is more universal and I only need to have one grade on hand.

1) By using the grade 5 bolt in an ungraded nut, would that be the equivalent of ungraded bolt (although I'm sure Warn is using some sort of quality control here.)?

2) Is the reason for their use of grade 5/ungraded that the winch itself is able to be clamped to the plate and the bolts are only needed for that clamping force? The bumper to frame (or winch plate and bumper to frame as in this guy's case) doesn't always seem to lend itself well to friction from clamping between the surfaces due to imperfections in the frame but there does still seem like there'd be an equivalent amount of surface area to the Warn winch's feet.

I think I find myself entirely forgetting grade 5 exists since grade 8 is more universal and I only need to have one grade on hand.

1) By using the grade 5 bolt in an ungraded nut, would that be the equivalent of ungraded bolt (although I'm sure Warn is using some sort of quality control here.)?

2) Is the reason for their use of grade 5/ungraded that the winch itself is able to be clamped to the plate and the bolts are only needed for that clamping force? The bumper to frame (or winch plate and bumper to frame as in this guy's case) doesn't always seem to lend itself well to friction from clamping between the surfaces due to imperfections in the frame but there does still seem like there'd be an equivalent amount of surface area to the Warn winch's feet.
I don't have the patience for explaining that this morning. I spent 4 hours doing that yesterday for 4 different people and I'm a bit low today.

Reactions: toximus
I don't have the patience for explaining that this morning. I spent 4 hours doing that yesterday for 4 different people and I'm a bit low today.

Sounds like someone needs some extra strength coffee - the lifeblood that fuels the dreams of champions

I can’t seem to be able to pm you. I’m interested. You are 150 some miles away though. Any chance you share your email address so we can discuss?

Status
Not open for further replies.