Warn HS9500i—Good Choice?

Gergg

I recently purchased a 2004 TJ Rubicon (Black, 77k miles, Hardtop) and wanted to put a winch on it. I have done a lot of research, and it seems that a used Warn HS9500i might be a decent choice if the price/condition is right. The HS9500i that I am looking at is in excellent condition, the seller's bottom line price is $450, just wanting to get some feedback if that seems like a reasonable deal? Or should I keep looking? Thanks for the help!

The HS9500i is an EXCELLENT winch, it's what I had on my previous (stolen) TJ. I miss the hell out of that winch. Grab it!

The HS9500i is an EXCELLENT winch, it's what I had on my previous (stolen) TJ. I miss the hell out of that winch. Grab it!
Thanks Jerry, I have been reading this site for months (just joined today), always read your posts, glad you give this winch a thumbs-up. I know it is an old unit, that is my only concern. Any idea if this model is somewhat more "USA Made" than the newer models? I just know I don't want a Chinese winch, even though I am sure there are many good ones. too many bad experiences with Chinese stuff. The way I look at it, at $450, it is priced like a new Chinese unit, and I am willing to take the risk of it being older, thinking the quality is much better.

The HS9500i is USA made in Oregon. It's a very high quality and fast winch. The HS stands for High Speed which is a good thing on the trail. The increased speed isn't there so you take less time for the winching operation, it's so the winch can keep up during times when your Jeep lurches forward under its own power in rough sections of trail. The winch's ability to keep up or not during such lurches can make the difference in having a bird's nest of tangled winch line or not. :)

The HS9500i is USA made in Oregon. It's a very high quality and fast winch. The HS stands for High Speed which is a good thing on the trail. The increased speed isn't there so you take less time for the winching operation, it's so the winch can keep up during times when your Jeep lurches forward under its own power in rough sections of trail. The winch's ability to keep up or not during such lurches can make the difference in having a bird's nest of tangled winch line or not. :)
Good deal, I am going to take another look at it tomorrow, most likely will be mine....anything specific I need to look out for?

So, I am sitting here thinking.......would it be smarter to get an excellent used HS9500i for $450 or get a new M8000 for ~$650??

Thanks Jery. I am glad and happy that my TJ came with this winch. :)

MG_3858-77051.jpg