Warn M8000-S sketchy eBay deal?

His ad also states that he does not accept returns. Makes me somewhat suspicious. I just got mine for $893 from "The Warn Store" on amazon which is 4 wheel parts. Peace of mind for returns or warranty work is worth the extra $90 to me.

I'm going to go with the regular M8000 + TRE synthetic line and thimble. What color should I choose for the line and safety thimble? What are you guys running? I don't want to be too flashy but I also don't want it to be plain. Solar yellow TJ with raw aluminum Savvy bumper.

Also what length?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nickgsjeep
@SecondChanceTJ I'm also planning on TRE line and thimble for my M8000 as well, and I'm going to get the LOUDEST color I can. Yea, I'm a Belly Dancer and like "flashy" stuff - but the real reason is to have the line as visible as possible when deployed. Not sure which color as yet, but I'm leaning towards either the lime green or the hot pink - the yellow or orange would be good choices too. I'm new to Jeeps and offroad winching, but I worked with shipboard winches and line for 25 years - the better you can see it, the safer it is! Nobody's really gonna see it when its spooled up anyway, but it might make a difference when deployed. YMMV and all that...

I'm going to go with the regular M8000 + TRE synthetic line and thimble. What color should I choose for the line and safety thimble? What are you guys running? I don't want to be too flashy but I also don't want it to be plain. Solar yellow TJ with raw aluminum Savvy bumper.
I dunno what goes with yellow but a rope color that stands out for safety reasons is never a bad idea. I went with international orange the last time I bought rope from TRE.

IMAG1875cropped.jpg

Actually, looking at TRE's color choices, only the black would be a poor choice for visibility - but #1 to not show dirt! I'd probably put white near the bottom as it isn't as bright as the other colors - then again, if you use it a few times, its gonna look sickly grey anyway! I'd use yellow on a yellow Jeep myself - its certainly bright enough. Red to match my red jeep wouldn't be a bad choice, but I think I want something brighter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tob
I'm wondering why they list 100'? I was under the same impression as you, i.e. 85'.

I think that's just a "how much rope will fit" chart and not a "how much rope you should run" chart. My Warn 9.5xp-S comes with 100' of rope from Warn.

I think that's just a "how much rope will fit" chart and not a "how much rope you should run" chart. My Warn 9.5xp-S comes with 100' of rope from Warn.
Exactly, trim the excess length off. Too much rope on a winch can wreck a winch when it bunches up on one-end and breaks the supports.

northern tool had them last yr at a good price.
it was cheaper to get the steel line unit and change it to synth.