Warn VR8 winch

at bass pro shop today and they had a warn VR8 on the shelf, I realize its at the bottom end of warn's lineup but they had it priced at $274. When I look online it seems to run in the mid 400's so I took a chance.
Hoping I got a deal.
One of the main benefits of Warn's winches besides their quality is their post sales support. They'll carry spare parts for that VR8 for more years than you'll probably have a need for them. I'd definitely take that over any of the other Chinese winches like Smittybilt, Badlands, etc.

You did get a deal, I think there's another thread about that deal via the online store. It sold out quick but before it did it made at least a couple of Jeepers happy. It's always fun to see what's on the clearance shelf.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Yeah, you scored. I jumped on the online deal @pagrey mentioned and they sent me an ATV winch instead of the VR8. Of course when I called to let them know they were out of the VR8. Son of a....!

Good deal. I nabbed one online and it's in the mail and should be here Tuesday (hoping it's not the ATV winch, or broken).

Did you get a tracking number? If so, check the weight. Mine was like 30 lbs which was my first clue something wasn’t right.
Yeah, it’s 71 lbs so I’m pretty confident they sent the correct winch. Just hoping it’s in good shape.

I have this winch. Honestly I am not tremendously impressed. The vast majority of my cable pulling days has been with 3/4 K winches on quads. I honestly wouldn't go under 9500 lbs on a TJ( If you wheel it alot) I believe this is a fairly light duty winch. I was stuck in fairly heavy wet snow, The winch wouldn't even budge the Jeep. I was later pulled out, But don't leave home without a snatch block if you go this route. JMHO.

Used it the other day to pull part of an oak tree off a trail, maybe a 2 ton pull and it did fine.
For 280 bucks I'm not expecting world class performance but i think it will do for my needs (hopefully).