Warn winch deal?

Cal

TJ Enthusiast
Hey crew I need some quick advice. I randomly ran across this guy selling a Warn 9.5 ti for 450$. It’s not brand new but is the older, gray model instead of the new black ones. Comes with everything and has been used twice in 3 years and one of those times was to put a synthetic rope on it but he’s taken it off to put the steal cable back on. So what’s everyone think? I was looking at a brand new 8000lb Warn winch that retails at 530$. Which should I run with?

The 9.5ti is not my first choice in a winch but it is a good winch and that is a decent price. Look it over closely especially around the motor for corrosion as that is the one weakness.

Sounds like a good price with synthetic line... I had looked at a 9.5ti and called warn to debate that deal or a new M8000, they steered me towards a new m8000, said the 9.5s can be tricky to work on if repairs are needed

Sounds like a good price with synthetic line... I had looked at a 9.5ti and called warn to debate that deal or a new M8000, they steered me towards a new m8000, said the 9.5s can be tricky to work on if repairs are needed
this one comes with steel cable. So are you thinking nah?

Yea, the VR8. I wouldn’t use the winch very often since I don’t seriously wheel like that. Damn now I just neee a good bumper for it.

Just get a Smittybilt X20 then:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K150VAI/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Cheaper, comes with synthetic cable, and it's a proven winch (I use one myself).

Just like the Warn VR8, it's made in China. I think it's a better choice than the Warn VR8 though personally.

Reactions: Igoo65
  • Haha
Reactions: Chris