Warn XD9000i for repair

[URL]https://littlerock.craigslist.org/pts/d/conway-warn-winch-xd9000i-for-parts-or/7519898736.html[/URL]

Paging @Blackjack, @Irun , @JMT

Curious about this. Not sure what specifically to ask about and the details in the ad are slim. What would make or break this as a good candidate for a repair/restore project?

Its a solid 5hr drive from Dallas, but it might be worth it.

So assuming the gear box is good (clutch knob moves freely and winch freespools I will give you the typical worst case parts scenario.

83665 remote $82
77892 motor $210-260
72631 solenoid $32 each (need 4)
32455 brake $140-160
Misc parts $40ish

I would probably not give over $100 personally especially if I have to drive that far.

Reactions: PRNDL
So assuming the gear box is good (clutch knob moves freely and winch freespools I will give you the typical worst case parts scenario.

83665 remote $82
77892 motor $210-260
72631 solenoid $32 each (need 4)
32455 brake $140-160
Misc parts $40ish

I would probably not give over $100 personally especially if I have to drive that far.

Good to know where this could lead. Factor in new synthetic line, etc. and this could get out of hand fast.

No harm in dropping him an email to see what's what.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks.

Reactions: JMT and Blackjack
It doesn't have a controller, but you should be able to test the motor at the motor terminals with a 12v jumper box. If you have him free spool it, then hook a ground to the bottom connectorand touch one of the top connectors at a time, it will let you know if the motor works both directions. But then he might think it's worth more.

I paid $250 for mine and rebuilt it. It took a couple solenoids, some misc parts, and time. The synthetic rope was the big expense but you'll want to shave weight off it.

Reactions: PRNDL