Was it ever a factory option on Rubicons to not have the Rubicon sticker applied?

I am assuming you verified it by making sure the sixth digit in the vin is a #6? The Rubicon on the hood is only vinyl, easy for someone to remove with a heat gun. Maybe the hood was painted, they are often riddled of crows feet in the sun or hail damage.

Yep here is the VIN: 1J4FA69S24P794697. I also had the dealer facetime with me as we went through the motions of locking the front and rear. By the way the rear would not lock. Guessing a pump or hose has gone bad. I guess someone could prefer pin stripes more and removed it.

They won't lock unless they're in 4 lo. As long as the VIN # matches, you should be good. There are also VIN # lookups that you can search.

I would still learn what a Dana 44 front looks like and make sure the transfer case is a 241. If the Rubi sticker was removed, someone might have swapped out the front axle. Probably a long shot, but I know a guy that had a Sahara: Bought a Rubicon, swapped the axles and TC, then sold the Rubi as a non-Rubi.

Reactions: Ephry73
Thats a Rubicon and looks to be in good shape frame wise. I would just check all over for rust but from the limited photos its seems ok. P.S. that jeep wont last long. I would snag it if its what you want and the frame is solid.

It looks like it has the Rubicon Rock Sliders and the large Fender Flairs. It also looks like it has the factory Rubicon Spare Tire, not sure why anyone would go through that much trouble and cost to add these things to a std TJ just to sell it as a Rubicon.

Here’s what my stickers look like on my 05. They probably looked like shit, removed them and did not want to spend $ to replace them.

59A5CED5-7740-42B6-A09C-62F2B64BE818.jpeg

6A2C06B7-8FBE-4E48-A60C-4105C633536C.jpeg

My used Rubicon was home all of an hour before the last of its Rubicon decal was gone, it's easily removed with a little heat from a hair dryer. And @Mike_H the "pinstriping" he mentioned was trail pinstriping aka scratches. :)

Reactions: TheBoogieman
According to the dealer specs, it's very special. It has an auto and a 5 speed trans. :unsure:
High value options include:4 Speed Automatic Transmission, 4.0L I6 engine 4-speed auto trans, Rubicon Quick Order PKGM Air Conditioning, Full Metal Doors W/Roll Up Windows, Front Floor Mats, Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System, 7 Speakers, subwoofer, (6) speakers, Deep Tint Sunscreen Glass rear quarter & liftgate glass, 4.0L SMFI I6 "Power Tech" engine,HD 5-speed manual transmission,

High value options include:4 Speed Automatic Transmission, 4.0L I6 engine 4-speed auto trans, Rubicon Quick Order PKGM Air Conditioning, Full Metal Doors W/Roll Up Windows, Front Floor Mats, Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System, 7 Speakers, subwoofer, (6) speakers, Deep Tint Sunscreen Glass rear quarter & liftgate glass, 4.0L SMFI I6 "Power Tech" engine,HD 5-speed manual transmission,