Was the windshield glass ever any different from 97-06?

someguysjeep

simple guy
Lifetime Supporting Member
i'm needing a replacement windshield (glass) and Summit is local to me.

they don't have glass listed for an 04, but i don't have an 04 frame anymore either, it's from an earlier model.
what they do have is a TJ windshield glass that's listed to fit a 97-2000 Sahara, SE or sport editions.

but this is confusing since the windshield frames are the same from 97-06 except for the trim, is what i was lead to believe. correct or no?
was the glass ever any different from 97-06?
or this 1 does have a green tint, is that what might make it special or yr specific because that's when the tinted glass was used?

i'd rather not try and have glass shipped.
and i did look Quadratech has the same part# and says it fits 97-06 and Jegs also has it and says 97-00 (same as Summit).

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pqp-dw01285-kit

Last edited:
Having swapped my 04 frame and glass for the earlier version, the only thing I can think of is the mirror attachment is different. Newer mirror is loose on the older mount so I used the older mirror.

I paid a company $200 to come to my house and replace my windshield. (And thats Los Angeles prices.)

Seems like a no brainer. Unless your a glass installer. If it breaks during install theyll replace it. He had all the tools and experience. Why not just have someone do it thats a professional?

I paid a company $200 to come to my house and replace my windshield. (And thats Los Angeles prices.)

Seems like a no brainer. Unless your a glass installer. If it breaks during install theyll replace it. He had all the tools and experience. Why not just have someone do it thats a professional?
still considering it. the local SafeLite is 220$.

i didn't try the suggestion in post 2 they are a fair distance away from me.

This...
We fix everything and anything here but glass...we phone a friend!!

which company? I'm in LA too and have some chips in my windshield. I got a chip on my drive home from having just purchased it haha

So you'll mess around with all that...risk breaking it (which then is on you) for about a hundred dollar bill?
I understand being thrifty but...
Thats an extra 100 well spent 😎
not afraid to try anything ............only way to learn . but i hear you all. loud n clear.

I need to move closer to you guys. I just got several quotes 348.00-395.00.

The last time I had my windshield replaced was about 3 years ago and it cost me 280.00 at the time.