Washington Washington members that live to wheel

I’ve done all 3 of the Washington team trophy challenges when they had to find a new venue since they were having problems with something down there. My team also took 9th 1st and 2nd (debatable on the 2nd, but I won’t get into that)
They are fun, a lot of fun but they run ya tired. The ones we did were 24 hrs. One of the tricks they do is tell ya can do, but not all of it, or they say what ya can’t do. There’s a lot of interpretation. Know how to read a tulip map and be good with GPS.

Whats a tulip map? lol

I've been reading about it too but not really sure what it's all about. Seems sort of like the Camel Trophy style where they have stuff you need to accomplish to compete.

Yeah, they have a few videos online that show some interesting stuff, winch challenges etc... and I've heard they may even have teams do things like replace two tires on a rig without a jack, replace a u joint or stop a radiator leak, etc. Prepare for anything I guess.

We had to do stuff like that, I think we had to rebuild a starter, diagnose some problem. They made my teammate give me his keys and drive up some steep trail, then timed us on how fast we could get my teammates jeep up to me on that trail, he had a hidden spare key in his jeep so that was super fast. Build a fire (timed) then put it completely out.

Best example of a tulip map I could find

90C4AE58-201E-4C6E-B198-1A275DB84694.jpeg

We had to do stuff like that, I think we had to rebuild a starter, diagnose some problem. They made my teammate give me his keys and drive up some steep trail, then timed us on how fast we could get my teammates jeep up to me on that trail, he had a hidden spare key in his jeep so that was super fast. Build a fire (timed) then put it completely out.

Best example of a tulip map I could find

View attachment 404042

lol ok, where's the magic key that explains all of it :D or is that part of the game?

lol ok, where's the magic key that explains all of it :D or is that part of the game?

Part of the game, no instructions, takes a bit but ya figure out. On one of our instructions it had the arrow thing, the speed you should go and a time. Which means if you drive 25 mph starting at point “a” then 5 min 30 seconds turn left. Fun. Also one just said turn at the “dead” in 2.83 miles. There was a road right after a cemetery but like 20yards later there was a road that had dead in the name. Which one should we go down? The GPS didn’t get reset on time so ???? But still fun

I also recently heard that the start time isn't announced until time of... they say once you pass tech and get registered be ready, start time could be 9pm friday or 4am saturday... they like to keep you guessing.

I'm thinking about heading down to browns camp like on Wednesday just so I can take a day to relax and be fresh for whatever happens Friday through Sunday lol.

Also planning to fully unpack, and repack the Jeep, with my co-driver and the other team so everyone knows where everything is. Good thing is the couple in the other Jeep, the guy who will be my passenger and I have all wheeled together / spotted for one another many times so we know each others abilities pretty well.

When we did it my teammates jeep was super similar to mine, so tools and parts could be shared easily. We also split up who carried what. It lightened our loads and we knew what was in each others rigs. They also had a rule that once ya left camp you could not come back. So we carried gas and food. My teammate his rider and myself had all been jeeping together for years and my rider was my brother, who also jeeps with us so we all knew each others limits also and I think that helped

Look forward to hearing how you like the event and what all they have you do. I'd thought about trying it myself but worry about pushing myself too much and injuring my leg.

Thanks to @All 4 Wheelin' for pointing me to the thread, I'm in Burlington, Wa. Used to wheel a bunch 15-20 years ago, but time flies and haven't done much since.

Picked up a 2004 LJ in 2015 and have been slowly modding it ever since with the idea of taking it wheeling. Currently also have 3" JKS springs, JKS track bar and SwayLoc waiting in my shop to be installed.

- Savvy Under Armor
- Savvy GTS
- Savvy Cable Shifter
- 1" MML
- 1.25" BL
- .75" Front Coil Spacers
- 1.25" Wheel Spacers/Adapters
- ZJ tie-rod
- Transmission Cooler + Gauge
- MORryde Tire Carrier

IMG_0401.jpg

Thanks to @All 4 Wheelin' for pointing me to the thread, I'm in Burlington, Wa. Used to wheel a bunch 15-20 years ago, but time flies and haven't done much since.

Picked up a 2004 LJ in 2015 and have been slowly modding it ever since with the idea of taking it wheeling. Currently also have 3" JKS springs, JKS track bar and SwayLoc waiting in my shop to be installed.

- Savvy Under Armor
- Savvy GTS
- Savvy Cable Shifter
- 1" MML
- 1.25" BL
- ZJ tie-rod
- MORryde Tire Carrier

View attachment 406213

Welcome to the group. Nice looking LJ too. Hope to see ya out on the trails at some point.

- Savvy Under Armor
- Savvy GTS
- Savvy Cable Shifter
- 1" MML
- 1.25" BL
- ZJ tie-rod
- MORryde Tire Carrier

View attachment 406213

Good looking LJ. Sounds like you've been busy.

Been quiet in here for a bit,
Anybody have any memorial weekend wheeling plan

If the Jeep is running by then I'll either be at Liberty or Naches. Not sure where my club has been going lately. If it's not done by then I'll probably haul it over to Reiter for it's first shakedown run.

Reactions: PNW_LJ and reddvltj
If the Jeep is running by then I'll either be at Liberty or Naches. Not sure where my club has been going lately. If it's not done by then I'll probably haul it over to Reiter for it's first shakedown run.
Reiter?:oops: For your shake down?? :unsure: Hell why not?!?!🤠🤠🤠
I guess if you make it through, at least you'll know it's ready for Moab!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman
Reiter?:oops: For your shake down?? :unsure: Hell why not?!?!🤠🤠🤠
I guess if you make it through, at least you'll know it's ready for Moab!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I don't consider Reiter to be that hard but it has been a FEW years since I've been there... Or I guess I should say that hard for a rig built like mine is.
We know the little guys like @B00mb00m have a hard time... :ROFLMAO: ;) And @DaveF just spanks everyone. Now it's not known how to classify @JMT but he's a Texan so we take it easy on him.

You're bringing your TJ over and running with us right?

As much as it pains me to say I'll be very surprised if I can get it ready for Moab.