Washington Washington members that live to wheel

I did that line on moon rocks that’s a fun one

Everyone was yelling at me "Rick you've got a damn Dana35 in that thing" And of course they were waiting for me to spit out an axle.

I've done some crazier stuff at Funny Rock & Moon Rock since then. I'd had the Jeep for about 2-3 weeks at this point.

Everyone was yelling at me "Rick you've got a damn Dana35 in that thing" And of course they were waiting for me to spit out an axle.

I've done some crazier stuff at Funny Rock & Moon Rock since then. I'd had the Jeep for about 2-3 weeks at this point.

What size tires are those 👀

What size tires are those 👀

Those were 33x14x15 TSL Boggers. They were on the Jeep when I bought it. It had a ProComp 4" lift but had never been off-road.

First thing I did was buy new tires and some rims Put the Boggers on some Black steel rims and some A/T tires on the aluminum rims that came with the Jeep.

1997TJnew.jpg

My first two mods were I built a front bumper and add Poison Spyder rocker knockers.

pscrocker3.jpg

Then I got a Warn small hub kit for the front and a Warn full floater kit for the Dana 35 with a Detroit lock. This was when I came home from Iraq in 2004. Got in one wheeling trip while I was home.

1682919806663.png

You can do a LOT on 33" tires.

1682919881776.png

After I was wounded as soon as I could drive again (Still was on crutches) I got 35" Toyo M/T's

1682920002942.png

Those were 33x14x15 TSL Boggers. They were on the Jeep when I bought it. It had a ProComp 4" lift but had never been off-road.

First thing I did was buy new tires and some rims Put the Boggers on some Black steel rims and some A/T tires on the aluminum rims that came with the Jeep.

View attachment 421093

My first two mods were I built a front bumper and add Poison Spyder rocker knockers.

View attachment 421094

Then I got a Warn small hub kit for the front and a Warn full floater kit for the Dana 35 with a Detroit lock. This was when I came home from Iraq in 2004. Got in one wheeling trip while I was home.

View attachment 421095

You can do a LOT on 33" tires.

View attachment 421096

After I was wounded as soon as I could drive again (Still was on crutches) I got 35" Toyo M/T's

View attachment 421097

Is that a white soft top? Did those come from the factory? I don't think i've seen one before

Reactions: PNW_LJ
Is that a white soft top? Did those come from the factory? I don't think i've seen one before

Yep it's a White soft top. Back when I'd bought it you could still get a White top from some of the vendors. I don't think you can anymore. It was stock and at this point it was 5 years old (2002) and I replaced it with a BesTop Sunrider top in 2006. It would only come so clean since it had sat in a shed most if it's life.
The PO was a local woman and she drove it with no top or just a bikini top. From what I was told she never put the full top on. And as I said never took it off-road.

pscrocker.jpg

pscrocker3.jpg

Yep it's a White soft top. Back when I'd bought it you could still get a White top from some of the vendors. I don't think you can anymore. It was stock and at this point it was 5 years old (2002) and I replaced it with a BesTop Sunrider top in 2006. It would only come so clean since it had sat in a shed most if it's life.
The PO was a local woman and she drove it with no top or just a bikini top. From what I was told she never put the full top on. And as I said never took it off-road.

View attachment 421249

View attachment 421250

how many seconds did it last on the trail before getting dirty 😂

Edit: it does look good when clean.

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj
Was she hot?

Blonde & big titties from what I was told but I never met her. But I would get asked all the time where she was when I would stop some place.

how many seconds did it last on the trail before getting dirty 😂

Edit: it does look good when clean.

Yes it looks nice when clean and in town but not out in the trail. Most of the seams were rotted out on it. But I drove it from Yakima to Ft Lewis every week for work.

If you come out to Reiter/Walker I'd love to join you... actually thinking of running our monthly club run to Reiter this month though which trails we run will depend on which club members show... doubt we'll do much harder than mainline/Boulder Alley type stuff. There is definitely stuff there I cannot / will not do.

Just finished with OTC last weekend, still recovering lol... now time to prep for Trail Jam.

So OTC was insane... but a blast and we intend to do it again, we finished 9th out of 15. I didn't get many pics/vids, but here you go.

This video is of a challenge where I had to lower my buddies CJ7 down the obsticle, we would lose 5 points every time he tapped his brakes so he was basically hanging off my winch.

Waiting at start, my buddies CJ7 in front of me.

345579152_1680611322436920_7021060092903599276_n.jpg

In line for one of the challenges, had to rebuild a Toyota something or other (looked like part of a CV or something with internal cage/ball bearings) that had been dipped in grease and sand.
345585413_197894029752652_4934931281109109951_n.jpg

And waiting on our 9am checkpoint to get next set of directions... we'd been basically going since 4pm previous day with about a 2 hour nap. Next set of directions would take 12 more hours.

20230506_082407.jpg

Called a birfield joint. If you hung around Yota folks or Samurai folks you'd have seen a few broken.

If you come out to Reiter/Walker I'd love to join you... actually thinking of running our monthly club run to Reiter this month though which trails we run will depend on which club members show... doubt we'll do much harder than mainline/Boulder Alley type stuff. There is definitely stuff there I cannot / will not do.

Just finished with OTC last weekend, still recovering lol... now time to prep for Trail Jam.

I'll keep everyone here posted on when the shakedown run will be. I'm hoping before the end of June so I can go on my clubs 4th of July run.
It'll be nice to finally get to meet a lot of you.

Reactions: PNW_LJ and reddvltj
Called a birfield joint. If you hung around Yota folks or Samurai folks you'd have seen a few broken.

I'll keep everyone here posted on when the shakedown run will be. I'm hoping before the end of June so I can go on my clubs 4th of July run.
It'll be nice to finally get to meet a lot of you.

Ok yeah that is what it was called now that you say it. None of my team had seen one, but two of our guys (one of which is a mechanic) managed to figure it out quick, we used gas from my rotopax as a solvent and got it done in 9:37 (disassemble including removing cage/bearings, clean, reassemble). Apparently that was the second fastest time of the event!

Ok yeah that is what it was called now that you say it. None of my team had seen one, but two of our guys (one of which is a mechanic) managed to figure it out quick, we used gas from my rotopax as a solvent and got it done in 9:37 (disassemble including removing cage/bearings, clean, reassemble). Apparently that was the second fastest time of the event!

I had a Samurai for a while so I learned all about them plus had a lot of friends with Yota's.

IMG00113.JPG

Broke the side of the ball out of this one.

IMG00114.JPG

Funny thing is one of our guys has what was once a Samurai, but it has jeep axles under it so he'd still never seen one :)

Before I sold mine I was building some Dana 44's to put under it. Stock Sammy axles are good for 33" but 35" you start breaking stuff. I had 5.13 gears and LocRite lockers in mine. It was a fun little rig and like many times I wish I'd never sold it.

Reactions: PNW_LJ and reddvltj
Before I sold mine I was building some Dana 44's to put under it. Stock Sammy axles are good for 33" but 35" you start breaking stuff. I had 5.13 gears and LocRite lockers in mine. It was a fun little rig and like many times I wish I'd never sold it.

He's on 37's... think he has a Jeep Motor too lol.
0CnMh6YbR0r31VnP0RzY5az=w1281-h961-s-no?authuser=0.jpg