Washington Washington members that live to wheel

I’m keep’n on move’n on,

Didn’t get much done today due to it being hot, and I work in a heat treating shop, so getting the motivation to go work in the hot garage rather than sit in my ac was a hard sell, but I did get some things (be it minor) done.
Picked up the rivnuts I needed
Went to interstate battery and was bummed to find out they don’t have what I want. BTW, what I want is a dual terminal AGM. The only thing thay had they had what I wanted was an optima yellow top, that’s what I’m trying to replace.
Stopped at the hardware store and picked up a couple steel bushings I needed
Got the jeep hack sitting on all 4 again and the front end all greased up except for the lower control arms, I do not like where the zerk fitting is and will replace it with a 90 deg one.

It’s supposed to get to 98 deg tomorrow so I probably will do even less, but will work on something

Well I’m still getting after it every night, heat slowed down some progress, but i still made some every night.
Found some more issues and had to drop the skid, But it’s again back on all 4’s with no jack stands supporting anything, I’ll button up 99% of it tomorrow then the last 1% Monday night, and drive it to work on Tuesday. Possible shake down next weekend.

Reactions: JMT and reddvltj
Well I’m still getting after it every night, heat slowed down some progress, but i still made some every night.
Found some more issues and had to drop the skid, But it’s again back on all 4’s with no jack stands supporting anything, I’ll button up 99% of it tomorrow then the last 1% Monday night, and drive it to work on Tuesday. Possible shake down next weekend.

But isn't there always another something to do?

Well, the plan was to drive Womb Raider today, but that didn’t work out. It’s about done but I’ve been having trouble finding a battery. I could go get another Optima (my last one had a 2015 date) but sounds like they’ve gone shit. My buddy just had to replace his after less than 2 years. The Odyssey looks good but the one I want (group 34/78 dual terminal) is hard to find, but I did find a fullthrottle fullriver group 34/78 for $50 cheaper and with close to the same specs. Plus it would take the same amount of time to get here, 8ish days.
So I guess I screw around with Shitsco Ball for the next few days and find some “extra credit” work to be done. Hell, I’ve waited this long, what’s 8ish more days

Reactions: josb612
Well, the plan was to drive Womb Raider today, but that didn’t work out. It’s about done but I’ve been having trouble finding a battery. I could go get another Optima (my last one had a 2015 date) but sounds like they’ve gone shit. My buddy just had to replace his after less than 2 years. The Odyssey looks good but the one I want (group 34/78 dual terminal) is hard to find, but I did find a fullthrottle fullriver group 34/78 for $50 cheaper and with close to the same specs. Plus it would take the same amount of time to get here, 8ish days.
So I guess I screw around with Shitsco Ball for the next few days and find some “extra credit” work to be done. Hell, I’ve waited this long, what’s 8ish more days

What about a SuperStarter from O’Reilly’s? They have a group 34 AGM.

Not with the dual terminals, I stopped by a couple of them for that battery since I have one in my camper and like it. They show one online but every time I tried to order they were out of stock in their warehouse and had no idea when they would have one

• Sad
Reactions: JMT

These guy's are local to me and may have it in stock.
https://ssl.whatcomelectric.com/

https://ssl.whatcomelectric.com/batteries/specs.aspx?id=34

Hit up t-huya last week. Stayed in the first come first serve campground down the road on state prop. Lots of vagrant vans out looking for a camp site too so be on guard.

After a long struggle I did finally make it up Sasquatch. I was having trouble finding traction on the climbs. The dust made them super slick. There was one trail through the woods that had random rock piles and we ran that both directions.

It was so dang hot we wheeled right when we woke up them came back ate breakfast and sat in creek all day and went back out at 8pm.

I’m going to rip my front end apart and redo ball joints with deletes and grease all my JJs they are screaming.

ACF4162D-C1EE-4445-B56A-F01C2FB87FB7.jpeg

738CA88D-D15A-44E9-A2BB-FDF004C62682.jpeg

Hit up t-huya last week. Stayed in the first come first serve campground down the road on state prop. Lots of vagrant vans out looking for a camp site too so be on guard.

After a long struggle I did finally make it up Sasquatch. I was having trouble finding traction on the climbs. The dust made them super slick. There was one trail through the woods that had random rock piles and we ran that both directions.

It was so dang hot we wheeled right when we woke up them came back ate breakfast and sat in creek all day and went back out at 8pm.

I’m going to rip my front end apart and redo ball joints with deletes and grease all my JJs they are screaming.

View attachment 348195

View attachment 348196

Nice!

Here are a few vids of DaveF at Reiter. The one you missed bro! 😉

Nice!

Here are a few vids of DaveF at Reiter. The one you missed bro! 😉

That is making me miss Reiter! I have to say I definitely prefer Reiter wheelingover Tahuya. Camping there will be awesome when they get that setup.

That was a perfect line on the middle video, good job Dave.

Reactions: JMT
Well, I’ve been working on it every night. My wiring was a mess so I figure I have close to 15 hours I’m that alone because I took my time to get the result I wanted, if not I’d have just done another hack job. Did some other stuff, and today busted out an oil change and slapped the battery in. Then for the first time in over a year probably closer to two it moved under its own power. Only like 10 feet but still.
Tomorrow will be clean up the garage, wash the jeep and drive it around a bit. Excited to drive it to a friends house on Sunday, he has a stereo for me, and take it to work next week.
Now I got to get a wheeling trip planned!!

Oh pic just for fun
3787D813-556B-4DAB-B94C-B4237ADF0321.jpeg

Howdy guys.
If any of you local boys are interested, a few of us are heading up to Natchez on Tuesday 6th of Sept. We plan on being up there till Saturday the 10th.
No real plan, just camp and wheel.

Howdy guys.
If any of you local boys are interested, a few of us are heading up to Natchez on Tuesday 6th of Sept. We plan on being up there till Saturday the 10th.

Where are you camping at? Wish mine was close enough to being done.

Where are you camping at? Wish mine was close enough to being done.

Not exactly sure, yet. I think on actual Natchez road along river? Not 410. I know you know the area fairly well, but slightly up in the hills.
My buddy who's played up there for years is actually putting that part together.
As I stated before, Rick, please feel free to come hang out and be a guide. I'm only bringing my Lil pooch, so plenty of room to ride in mine. He'll, if you can run the clutch, drive mine.

Not exactly sure, yet. I think on actual Natchez road along river? Not 410. I know you know the area fairly well, but slightly up in the hills.
My buddy who's played up there for years is actually putting that part together.
As I stated before, Rick, please feel free to come hang out and be a guide. I'm only bringing my Lil pooch, so plenty of room to ride in mine. He'll, if you can run the clutch, drive mine.

I'll have to wait and see how I'm doing on my project and how my leg is healing. But I might com visit for a day or two. I'd guess you're camping up off Little Naches River Rd (NF-19). There are a ton of campgrounds along that road.

Howdy guys.

I may try to come Thursday, Sept 8, stay a night and wheel!

I'll have to wait and see how I'm doing on my project and how my leg is healing. But I might com visit for a day or two. I'd guess you're camping up off Little Naches River Rd (NF-19). There are a ton of campgrounds along that road.

I think you are correct.
Many camping areas right on the river.
I'll be there w my F250, car trailer, tent and jeep.

Reactions: reddvltj
Howdy guys.

I’ll be heading home from there on the 5th then heading back up on the 16th-18th for “pick up a mountain”