Washington Washington members that live to wheel

Not exactly sure, yet. I think on actual Natchez road along river?
Along the Little Naches river on the 1900/70 road? It is really pretty there but I've haven't seen a weekend when the entire corridor wasn't crowded but I'm not there that often. Plus I think there is a river habitat restoration project underway that might limit the available spots?

I'll have to wait and see how I'm doing on my project and how my leg is healing. But I might com visit for a day or two. I'd guess you're camping up off Little Naches River Rd (NF-19). There are a ton of campgrounds along that road.

I'm back. 4 hour side bar to rescue son.
So, camp 8 mile?
That's where Brit wants to camp. I'm willing to bet you know it or can find it easily.
8 miles up little Naches River road-if I heard correctly

Reactions: reddvltj
I may try to come Thursday, Sept 8, stay a night and wheel!

I was really hoping to meet up w you during Trail Jam.
Not even sure if you made it.
Hope you can try to get out here this time.
No agenda, just play...

I'm back. 4 hour side bar to rescue son.
So, camp 8 mile?
That's where Brit wants to camp. I'm willing to bet you know it or can find it easily.
8 miles up little Naches River road-if I heard correctly

I might just have to unfollow this thread :cautious:... All this talk about wheeling and camping in/around Naches is dredging up memories.

Hope you all have a safe and fun trip!

Along the Little Naches river on the 1900/70 road? It is really pretty there but I've haven't seen a weekend when the entire corridor wasn't crowded but I'm not there that often. Plus I think there is a river habitat restoration project underway that might limit the available spots?

I did the Little Naches on day 2 of trail jam and that road/camping spots were off the hook busy. That's why we're waiting for after Labor day. Hopefully a bit more quiet up there then.
I haven't heard about the river project. I'll get on the net, look around. Thank you for the heads up.

I might just have to unfollow this thread :cautious:... All this talk about wheeling and camping in/around Naches is dredging up memories.

Hope you all have a safe and fun trip!

Dude.
Idaho ain't THAT far away.
Ok, far enough. Won't argue that. If you ever get over on this side again with your jeep, you better reach out...
Mike

Definitely will shout out before I come that way.

I'm only about 9.5 to 10 hours from the Little Naches camp ground.

Not just a short hop, for sure.
I find that I don't really want to drive to darn far away to go out and play. I have absolute faith in my rig, but "driver error" is still in my resume. And, to be very truthful, i keep pushing my limit because i do have so much faith in the jeep. So, I'm getting a bit risky in/on the trails, and trying to find rocks. For that reason alone, I find myself wanting to tow my rig rather than drive it over.

Reactions: JMT and reddvltj
Not just a short hop, for sure.
I find that I don't really want to drive to darn far away to go out and play. I have absolute faith in my rig, but "driver error" is still in my resume. And, to be very truthful, i keep pushing my limit because i do have so much faith in the jeep. So, I'm getting a bit risky in/on the trails, and trying to find rocks. For that reason alone, I find myself wanting to tow my rig rather than drive it over.

Oh I'd definitely trailer it over even if it's still stock...

Reactions: tombicon

Yes I don't remember which roads are closed right now but will find the info. I know they are working at the fish ladders.

EDIT: Here is the info

1660793981667.png

UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE Forest Service Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest Naches, WA
Little Naches River Restoration Area Closure Closure Order: 06-17-08-22-06
Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 36 CFR § 261.50(a) and (b), and to provide for public safety, the following acts are prohibited within the Naches Ranger District of the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest. This Order is effective July 19, 2022, and will remain in effect until September 2, 2022, unless rescinded sooner.
PROHIBITIONS:

1. Entering into or being upon National Forest System lands closed for the protection of public health or safety, as described below and displayed on the attached map, Exhibit A [36 CFR § 261.53(e)].

2. Being on a National Forest System trail, as described below and displayed on the attached map, Exhibit A [36 CFR § 261.55(a)].

3. Being on a National Forest System Road as described below and displayed on the attached map, Exhibit A [36 CFR § 261.54(e)].

CLOSURE AREA DESCRIPTION:
The first closure area boundary begins at the junction of Forest Service Road (FSR) 1900 and FSR 1900-611. The closure proceeds north along FSR 1900-611 until it intersects an unnamed spring-fed perennial stream. The closure continues westerly along the stream until veering due west along the northern border of the snow park. The closure goes west to the northwest corner of the quarry. At the corner, the closure boundary turns due south until intersecting FSR 1900.
The boundary continues northwesterly along FSR 1900 until intersecting the access point to an unnumbered groomed snowmobile route, with the boundary continuing west by southwest until intersecting the east section line of T. 18 N., R. 13 E., S. 25. The boundary follows the section line south until intersecting FSR 1921 and continues southeasterly until intersecting FSR 1900. The closure boundary turns northwest along FSR 1900 until reaching the point of origin at the junction of FSR 1900 and FSR 1900-611.

A second closure area begins at the junction of FSR 1904 and FSR 1904-740 and follows FSR 1904-740 north until the road turns towards the southeast. At the point where the road veers southeast the boundary turns west in line with FSR 1904-740, but in the opposite direction. The closure goes westerly along this line until passing through the intersection of FSR 1904 and the north section line of T. 18 N., R. 14 E., S. 30. The boundary arcs west from this point, going northwest/southwest, until coming back to the north section line of T. 18. N., R. 14 E., S. 30. From this point, the closure boundary continues southeasterly/ northeasterly until intersecting FSR 1904. The boundary follows FSR 1904 southeast until reaching the point of origin at the junction of FSR 1904 and 1904-740.
FSR 1900, FSR 1921, FSR 1904, and FSR 1904-740 will remain open to public access during the closure period.

Roads Closed
FSR 1900-611, from the junction with FSR 1900 to where it crosses an unnamed spring- fed perennial stream.

Trails Closed
Trail No. 963 (Sand Creek trail)

EXEMPTIONS:
Pursuant to 36 CFR § 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:

1. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire-fighting force in the performance of an official duty.

2. Persons with Forest Service Permit No. FS-7700-48 (Permit for Use of Roads, Trails, or Areas Restricted by Regulation Order), specifically exempting them from this Order.

These prohibitions are in addition to the general prohibitions in 36 CFR Part 261, Subpart A.
Violations of these prohibitions are punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 for an individual or $10,000.00 for a corporation, or imprisonment for not more than six months, or both. 16 USC § 551 and 18 USC §§ 3551, 3571, and 3581.
Executed in Wenatchee,Washington this 19th day of July, 2022.
______________________________ KRISTIN M. BAIL
Forest Supervisor Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest

Right now if my MH if back I'll be coming up for PUAM. Be the first one I've been to since about 2010.

I'll be out at the beach...
I would rather PUAM, as I prefer that way more so than the beach.
Maybe next year. Hows the MH coming along?
I was going to joke and offer you cash for diesel fuel if you were to come up and hang w us and bring it.

I'll be out at the beach...
I would rather PUAM, as I prefer that way more so than the beach.
Maybe next year. Hows the MH coming along?
I was going to joke and offer you cash for diesel fuel if you were to come up and hang w us and bring it.

MH is ready for me to test it out. It's going into the shop on Aug 23 for a new roof. It was part of the deal when I'd bought it because they'd found some soft spots. Didn't raise the price any and this way it's covered by them.

I've only done Shore Patrol twice and it was back in 1998 & 99.

Yes I don't remember which roads are closed right now but will find the info. I know they are working at the fish ladders.

EDIT: Here is the info

View attachment 352027

UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE Forest Service Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest Naches, WA
Little Naches River Restoration Area Closure Closure Order: 06-17-08-22-06
Pursuant to 16 U.S.C. § 551 and 36 CFR § 261.50(a) and (b), and to provide for public safety, the following acts are prohibited within the Naches Ranger District of the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest. This Order is effective July 19, 2022, and will remain in effect until September 2, 2022, unless rescinded sooner.
PROHIBITIONS:

1. Entering into or being upon National Forest System lands closed for the protection of public health or safety, as described below and displayed on the attached map, Exhibit A [36 CFR § 261.53(e)].

2. Being on a National Forest System trail, as described below and displayed on the attached map, Exhibit A [36 CFR § 261.55(a)].

3. Being on a National Forest System Road as described below and displayed on the attached map, Exhibit A [36 CFR § 261.54(e)].

CLOSURE AREA DESCRIPTION:
The first closure area boundary begins at the junction of Forest Service Road (FSR) 1900 and FSR 1900-611. The closure proceeds north along FSR 1900-611 until it intersects an unnamed spring-fed perennial stream. The closure continues westerly along the stream until veering due west along the northern border of the snow park. The closure goes west to the northwest corner of the quarry. At the corner, the closure boundary turns due south until intersecting FSR 1900.
The boundary continues northwesterly along FSR 1900 until intersecting the access point to an unnumbered groomed snowmobile route, with the boundary continuing west by southwest until intersecting the east section line of T. 18 N., R. 13 E., S. 25. The boundary follows the section line south until intersecting FSR 1921 and continues southeasterly until intersecting FSR 1900. The closure boundary turns northwest along FSR 1900 until reaching the point of origin at the junction of FSR 1900 and FSR 1900-611.

A second closure area begins at the junction of FSR 1904 and FSR 1904-740 and follows FSR 1904-740 north until the road turns towards the southeast. At the point where the road veers southeast the boundary turns west in line with FSR 1904-740, but in the opposite direction. The closure goes westerly along this line until passing through the intersection of FSR 1904 and the north section line of T. 18 N., R. 14 E., S. 30. The boundary arcs west from this point, going northwest/southwest, until coming back to the north section line of T. 18. N., R. 14 E., S. 30. From this point, the closure boundary continues southeasterly/ northeasterly until intersecting FSR 1904. The boundary follows FSR 1904 southeast until reaching the point of origin at the junction of FSR 1904 and 1904-740.
FSR 1900, FSR 1921, FSR 1904, and FSR 1904-740 will remain open to public access during the closure period.

Roads Closed
FSR 1900-611, from the junction with FSR 1900 to where it crosses an unnamed spring- fed perennial stream.

Trails Closed
Trail No. 963 (Sand Creek trail)

EXEMPTIONS:
Pursuant to 36 CFR § 261.50(e), the following persons are exempt from this Order:

1. Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire-fighting force in the performance of an official duty.

2. Persons with Forest Service Permit No. FS-7700-48 (Permit for Use of Roads, Trails, or Areas Restricted by Regulation Order), specifically exempting them from this Order.

These prohibitions are in addition to the general prohibitions in 36 CFR Part 261, Subpart A.
Violations of these prohibitions are punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 for an individual or $10,000.00 for a corporation, or imprisonment for not more than six months, or both. 16 USC § 551 and 18 USC §§ 3551, 3571, and 3581.
Executed in Wenatchee,Washington this 19th day of July, 2022.
______________________________ KRISTIN M. BAIL
Forest Supervisor Okanogan-Wenatchee

MH is ready for me to test it out. It's going into the shop on Aug 23 for a new roof. It was part of the deal when I'd bought it because they'd found some soft spots. Didn't raise the price any and this way it's covered by them.

I've only done Shore Patrol twice and it was back in 1998 & 99.

I'm trying to join a club.
You know the deal.
I'm trying to go to every damn thing...

What club? I’m guessing it’s a pnw4wda region 2 club. I used to be a delegate in a region 2 club(and region 1)

Yes, region 2. It's Cascade 4 X 4 club in Tacoma.
They are quite active and do a few runs per month. As a "loner" I never get enough seat time, so hoping I can get out more to play, hang w Jeep guys, learn more about my jeep, have fun!
I'm new to any club action, and haven't as yet found a downsside.
I've been to 2 sanctioned club events and three meetings. They have already taken my dues, even though I'm not in yet. Certain it's just a matter of time...

Yes, region 2. It's Cascade 4 X 4 club in Tacoma.
They are quite active and do a few runs per month. As a "loner" I never get enough seat time, so hoping I can get out more to play, hang w Jeep guys, learn more about my jeep, have fun!
I'm new to any club action, and haven't as yet found a downsside.
I've been to 2 sanctioned club events and three meetings. They have already taken my dues, even though I'm not in yet. Certain it's just a matter of time...

Right on, I’ve met and wheeled with a few from that club in the past, there a good group.