Washington Washington members that live to wheel

Wildman

Over Analyzer Extraordinaire...............
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Is the intent here that we post WA wheeling opportunities / trips / meetups?

Reactions: JMT
Is the intent here that we post WA wheeling opportunities / trips / meetups?

Yes.
To try and just make it easier for all those here in WA to see when someone has a last-minute run going on or if we plan a meet & get together or whatever. You can still post stuff down below if you want. also.

Reactions: JMT and B00mb00m
My rig is getting real close now, it’s sitting back on its own tires. May have it wrapped up this week

Where are we going? When? I’m out of town July 10-15. I’m around the rest of the month.

Ok, so my jeep was supposed to be done again by now but life through a curve ball at me. Wife had to go to Australia for work for a couple weeks, then my in-laws had some medical issues come up so I had to stay at their place to take care of the for a bit. My wife and kid were supposed to fly out last Sunday to the Mexico house for the summer but the plane only made it to maybe Spokane then had to come back due to a cracked windshield. But this morning they boarded another plane and my kid shot me a text about an hour ago saying that they got to our house.

So that means I resumed working on the jeep this afternoon. I finally finished getting the front axle put back together and the pinion angle set, so tomorrow afterwork I’ll get the steering and track bar set, and possibly do some wiring done since I destroyed my rock lights so I’ll put the new ones that I’ve had on the bench for the last 2 years in. I need to replace some rivnuts for the trans skid, so I’ll get some on Saturday and knock that out also. Then I think all I need to do is get a new battery and I’ll be back in business. But I have had some other parts on the shelf I may install first.

That’s my plan, I hope this one sticks!

Ok, so my jeep was supposed to be done again by now but life through a curve ball at me. Wife had to go to Australia for work for a couple weeks, then my in-laws had some medical issues come up so I had to stay at their place to take care of the for a bit. My wife and kid were supposed to fly out last Sunday to the Mexico house for the summer but the plane only made it to maybe Spokane then had to come back due to a cracked windshield. But this morning they boarded another plane and my kid shot me a text about an hour ago saying that they got to our house.

So that means I resumed working on the jeep this afternoon. I finally finished getting the front axle put back together and the pinion angle set, so tomorrow afterwork I’ll get the steering and track bar set, and possibly do some wiring done since I destroyed my rock lights so I’ll put the new ones that I’ve had on the bench for the last 2 years in. I need to replace some rivnuts for the trans skid, so I’ll get some on Saturday and knock that out also. Then I think all I need to do is get a new battery and I’ll be back in business. But I have had some other parts on the shelf I may install first.

That’s my plan, I hope this one sticks!

Wish you were all square so you could meet us in Reiter tomorrow. I’m camping in Skykomish right now. View is amazing. I hope everything goes smooth with your Jeep for a change! Glad your wife and kid made it to Mexico.

A919F123-717E-4A2D-A516-9B9E72E6BB62.jpeg

Wish you were all square so you could meet us in Reiter tomorrow. I’m camping in Skykomish right now. View is amazing. I hope everything goes smooth with your Jeep for a change! Glad your wife and kid made it to Mexico.

View attachment 344909

I use to fish in that area when I was a kid. Snohomish is right down the road from there. Use to hunt the areas a little east of there also way back when... You know stone age time.

EDIT: We expect tons of pictures and video of you guys, plus look forward to hearing what you think of Reiter.

I use to fish in that area when I was a kid. Snohomish is right down the road from there. Use to hunt the areas a little east of there also way back when... You know stone age time.

EDIT: We expect tons of pictures and video of you guys, plus look forward to hearing what you think of Reiter.

This is an amazing area. First time to drive into the Cascades via Hwy 2. It’s just stunning. I saw a few signs for Ellensburg and thought of driving by, but just kept the course so I could set up camp before dark. Stopped at a cool place near Wenatchee for dinner called Hot Rods!

95C34264-E721-47AC-95B0-FEE300EFE358.jpeg

49DC28A3-1F9B-4311-BABC-1084562AA971.jpeg

237918D8-7498-4515-AEEE-AA53939D2BEE.jpeg

F59713F7-08B2-40C9-8CA3-0D49F3B3A707.jpeg

Well this weekend didn’t go totally as planned but progress was made.

What I didn’t get done
Couldn’t find the rivnuts I need, but I’ll be able to get those tomorrow after work at a bolt shop near my work, that’s not open on weekends
Didn’t get a new battery since Interstate Battery closed early on Saturday due to staffing issues, again I’ll try tomorrow
Didn’t get my rock lights fixed. Mainly because 20 years ago me was a dumbass with no patience and did a shity job wiring. Due to this, it is now a priority to fix pending wire fire that will eventually happen if I don’t correct the rats nest. (I’d like to go back in time and slap the shit outa myself for being in a hurry lol). Also I tried to get that all fixed and bought a bunch of stuff for it but ended up with the wrong style terminal block. This will take some time as I have little patience for wiring but will force myself to do a clean job this time.

What I did get done
Front end is in, toe in is set, track bar is set, pinion angle is set!
I’ve had some rocker guards on the shelf that I installed.
I did a lot of shopping for nickel and dime shit.
Ordered some rear spring stuff that should be here by Saturday, but not needed to run it.
Some minor tinkering.
My hole is to work on everyday until it done!!! So far I have

Well this weekend didn’t go totally as planned but progress was made.

What I didn’t get done
Couldn’t find the rivnuts I need, but I’ll be able to get those tomorrow after work at a bolt shop near my work, that’s not open on weekends
Didn’t get a new battery since Interstate Battery closed early on Saturday due to staffing issues, again I’ll try tomorrow
Didn’t get my rock lights fixed. Mainly because 20 years ago me was a dumbass with no patience and did a shity job wiring. Due to this, it is now a priority to fix pending wire fire that will eventually happen if I don’t correct the rats nest. (I’d like to go back in time and slap the shit outa myself for being in a hurry lol). Also I tried to get that all fixed and bought a bunch of stuff for it but ended up with the wrong style terminal block. This will take some time as I have little patience for wiring but will force myself to do a clean job this time.

What I did get done
Front end is in, toe in is set, track bar is set, pinion angle is set!
I’ve had some rocker guards on the shelf that I installed.
I did a lot of shopping for nickel and dime shit.
Ordered some rear spring stuff that should be here by Saturday, but not needed to run it.
Some minor tinkering.
My hole is to work on everyday until it done!!! So far I have

Let’s see those rocker guards. 😉

Reactions: Wildman