Washington Washington members that live to wheel

I had 38 SXs on my Yota with Longfields and a Grizzly. Never broke one.

FB_IMG_1675305335647.jpg

I had 38 SXs on my Yota with Longfields and a Grizzly. Never broke one.

View attachment 423733

I've got a pair of Longfield u-joints in my spare axle shafts for my HP44. They've never broken either when I was running the 38" SX tires. I got to wheel with him once in Rimrock before he'd passed away.

I met Bobby at his house when I bought em.

I broke a u-joint on that run and I didn't even know that he made u-joints. So he told me to order some from him. Great guy and I only got 2-3 runs on them. I pout RCV axles in but will carry the other shafts as spares.

The original RCV's were Longfields, I have the first set ever and after 14 years(I think I got them in 09') on them I am just now replacing my first boot. I take them apart every so often to inspect them but have never had to replace anything. The instruction and pic's from RCV still uses the same ones he made using my jeep. He was a super cool guy. We had a great time breaking axles on his "axle breaking machine". Snapped a stock one easily, then the Alloys and Superiors were tougher (superiors were the best), a couple other brands as well/ We tried but the only thing we could break on the RCV was the race.

Well I'll be spending the weekend up at my brothers property in Wildman’s back yard. Peoh point. I’ll either hit Liberty or manashtash or both. If anyone sees me say hi!👋. As I have the memory of a goldfish.

Oh yeah, updates on the jeep as of this week are…, so far new draglink, RCV boots rear shocks , and wheel spacers. Hoping to get antirock installed but no big deal if I can’t.

Well I'll be spending the weekend up at my brothers property in Wildman’s back yard. Peoh point. I’ll either hit Liberty or manashtash or both. If anyone sees me say hi!👋. As I have the memory of a goldfish.

Oh yeah, updates on the jeep as of this week are…, so far new draglink, RCV boots rear shocks , and wheel spacers. Hoping to get antirock installed but no big deal if I can’t.

If you got time give me a shout and we can grab a cold one. Since you'll be in the neighborhood.

New TJ owner in Mukiteo, WA. I got an '03 X a couple months ago and loving it. Haven't owned a 4x4 since my '69 Scout in High School in the 70's.
View attachment 427667

Welcome to the forum and the Jeep world. I had a IH Scout for a while too along with a ton of other rigs

Nice!

What do you have planned for it?

Nothing extreme, just personalizing. It came with 2 1/2" lift, 4.10 gears, and Detroit locker in back. So far I've added rear track bar bracket and adjustable front to center the axles, over size tie rod, rear sway bar, steering box skid, wheel spacers, and 12,000 lb winch. I've also made a platform to replace the rear seat to give dogs a place to ride and create storage below. I also have a bikini top and cargo net ordered for summer use. More to come! :)

Last edited:
Anyone wheeling on Saturday? The Forecast is for continued awesome weather.

Reactions: JMT
If you got time give me a shout and we can grab a cold one. Since you'll be in the neighborhood.

Hey, I was gonna try to contact ya last weekend but there was no time. We didn’t leave to go there till Saturday morning since my kids school decided that the Friday before memorial weekend was the best time to put on a class play 🤬
Then I also have my parents that live up there that just came back from Az. For the winter. So my weekend was pretty packed. My brother and I did find a couple new to us trails. I’ll get some trail numbers up this weekend since I can’t find them on any map

Reactions: Wildman
Hey, I was gonna try to contact ya last weekend but there was no time. We didn’t leave to go there till Saturday morning since my kids school decided that the Friday before memorial weekend was the best time to put on a class play 🤬
Then I also have my parents that live up there that just came back from Az. For the winter. So my weekend was pretty packed. My brother and I did find a couple new to us trails. I’ll get some trail numbers up this weekend since I can’t find them on any map

Sounds like you had a good time. We'll hook up at some point. Hopefully SOON I'll be posting about a shakedown run for my Jeep.

Reactions: JMT