Washington Washington Puget Sound Area trail run Sat July 6th

Teddydogno1

I'm inviting any local Forum members to someone else's party! I'm planning to attend the monthly "Newbie Run" put on by the Quadrapaws. It will be my first outing in my "new" LJ and first off-roading in about 20 years!

Info: https://www.quadrapaws4x4club.org/joining-our-club/

Equipment needed: CB if you have one, lunch, water, any gear you feel necessary. The Club provides other gear needed as these runs are recruiting runs for new folk. You will also need to have a current Discover Pass to pay the King for the use of His (off-) roads.

I have GPS coordinates from the Club for the meeting point--Elfendahl Staging area. 9 AM Saturday July 6th! Hope to see other forum members there!

Rob

Went to the run today and great time. My LJ worked great and we suffered no damage (custom woods pinstriping excepted).

Some of the runs were more challenging than I expected.

Rob

Reactions: JMT
That’s great you had a good time. I’m sorry I missed it. Would be nice to meet other local jeepers, but the Jeep is getting upgrades at the moment. Any pics of the days fun?

Have a few pics and a couple of short (boring) videos. Nothing of me and my Jeep tacking the trails...I was solo and without a videographer.

Our group that day was all Jeeps. Mostly Wranglers from YJ to JL, with one build Grand Cherokee.

My LJ at a stop on the trail (we stopped a lot for some reason).
070619_trail_LJ.jpg

And a pic of part of the group...

070619_trail_group1.jpg

The last trail of the day is called "Route 55" (or something like that). So named because it used to be an easy, high speed run. Not so any more. The club has improved the trail to make it a Moderate difficulty one with a row of large stones (that I heard called "The Qualifier") at the bottom entrance. The stones do create a bit of a "pucker factor" for people like me with little experience and it does require some lift and large tires and a little skill, or some dragging of skid plates and/or rocker guards. I'll link a video at the end.

070619_trail_55entrance.jpg

070619_trail_55entrance2.jpg

Before tackling this, a brand new Jeep Gladiator joined us. 3 days old! The guy gamely attempted the entrance and was going to try the trail. But his length and side steps were a problem and he got hung up pretty well in the stones. Got hung up to the point that he needed to be pulled back off and give up.

Video:

The trail consists of dips and troughs (steep), stones and logs, and some tight turns and trees.

070619_trail_55.jpg

070619_trail_55_2.jpg

And more boring videos... I didn't have a trail camera hooked up, though I do have one that I plan to use in the future, so all you get is a few hand-held videos out the windshield as I drive some easy bits. Shown is the more open portions of the area. Much of it is much closer in the woods with narrow passes between trees, stumps, logs and boulders, with some Jeep-width crevices as well. Big truck would not do very well in most of this area.

Rob