Washington State bill would ban offroad tires

PNW_LJ

Nut-Swing Salesman
Supporting Member
This is something my buddies have been joking about for years, but never thought I’d see the day:

https://mynorthwest.com/3948393/buying-tires-could-become-lot-harder/

“The bill would give the Washington State Department of Commerce the authority to ban tires it deems inefficient and bad for the climate. It would apply to any replacement tires for cars and light-duty trucks under 10,000 pounds. It would also give the Department of Commerce the ability to fine people anywhere from $100 to $10,000 for violations.

The bill focuses on the rolling resistance of tires. Heavier and more durable tires have more resistance and less energy efficiency. The heavier the tire, the fewer miles to the gallon.

This bill would ban the sale of tires that fail to meet these efficiency goals.“

This state is so ignorant. They just keep finding ways to force people to travel and spend their money out of state rather than invest money into our communities. They think that Washington can save the world climate. Our entire state is 2% of the US population and .09% of the world population!

Then again, Inslee tried to run a presidential campaign focused solely on climate change! He sure as hell doesn't walk around the state in hemp sandals. He reaps the benefit of modern amenities and conveyances, not to mention the billions of dollars generated in this state by major manufacturers and industry. The average citizens tire choices don't make a bit of difference. And if I want to buy tires that get worse gas mileage, then who cares. I'm just giving the state more money through sales tax, fuel tax, heavy vehicle registration fees, and so much else. You're welcome!

Sorry, just sick and tired of their ignorance!

Its NEVER been about “the climate”
This is merely a cover for excessive control

Stop paying for Washington Titles and Registration
They wanna play petty tyrant games, unite and defund them

You can get an out of state title and registration in a FREE state pretty easily. Do it under LLCs , can even go anonymous in New Mexico

• USA Proud
Reactions: Apparition
This is something my buddies have been joking about for years, but never thought I’d see the day:

https://mynorthwest.com/3948393/buying-tires-could-become-lot-harder/

“The bill would give the Washington State Department of Commerce the authority to ban tires it deems inefficient and bad for the climate. It would apply to any replacement tires for cars and light-duty trucks under 10,000 pounds. It would also give the Department of Commerce the ability to fine people anywhere from $100 to $10,000 for violations.

The bill focuses on the rolling resistance of tires. Heavier and more durable tires have more resistance and less energy efficiency. The heavier the tire, the fewer miles to the gallon.

This bill would ban the sale of tires that fail to meet these efficiency goals.“

I love that they state “more durable tires”… next they’ll be complaining about how wasteful tires are and how many tires are thrown out every year 🙄 Just more energy will be used to make more tires… the hypocrisy…