Wassup Jeepers

Spiff

Hi Folks. New Jeep guy (I have a 2013 JK) here from eastern Canada . Newfoundland to be precise. Just got a nice gift, a 97 TJ, 4 Ltr, standard shift. Looking at doing a total tear down and rebuild. Road salt being the necessary evil that it is here, the TJ does have a few soft spots. There are a few soft spots in the frame rails but I want to do a frame off so they can be patched. Also aside from a hole or two in the front fenders the biggest concern is the channel that runs along each side of the underbody where the body meets the body mounts on the chassis. Well they are a bit soft. I am hoping they can be cut out and replaced. Not doing a show truck but not a rat rod either. Looking forward to this project. I will have a few questions along the way. I will try to post a few pics. Glad to be here to get my Jeep on.

Steve

Reactions: Stinger and Chris
Welcome to the forum @Spiff! Post some pictures of tour TJ when you get a chance, and don't be a stranger!

Welcome Spiff! Sounds like a good project! Check out Safe T Caps here https://www.autorust.com/safe-t-cap-kits/
They work really well from what I've seen and heard.

That seems like a great product line. Unfortunately by the time you take into account dollar conversion, freight, tax and the "customs clearance or brokerage" fees then those prices double for us up here in Canada. Cheaper to pay for sheet metal and welding rods. All the same I have bookmarked that site and will keep it in mind. Thanks Ron505.

Reactions: Chris