Watch out Mrblaine

Stinger

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
On the road for a visit. That is after a stop in Utah to ski and do some mild wheelin, then Arizona for golf.

Last edited:
On the road for a visit. That is after a,stop in Utah to ski and do some mild wheelin, then Arizona for golf.
I think you'll be just fine. I've had enough folks piss in my cheerios for the last 2 weeks that there is almost nothing a grouchy helo pilot can make worse.

I had my wife's doctor call the cops on me, I sent free parts to a potential customer for a test fit and after they fit, he is sending them back, a supplier is running me out of parts on a simple machine work job that I ordered 8 weeks ago with a 2 week lead time and they still aren't done and I had to call him 8 times this morning to get a call back, a laser and bending shop's 2-3 day turnaround has turned into 12-14 days and I've never even had contact with them, bumpers that were supposed to be here in time for powder coating haven't shown up and the customer has come and gone, and my good neighbor was picking up some parts for me this afternoon and the transmission in his truck died. I'm on my way out the door right now to snag a car hauler and load up his truck this evening so I can drop it off at the trans shop tomorrow. See you when you get here.

That's enough to cause me to start drinking again. Of course it is almost 5 o'clock here.

Here's to hoping things get better quickly for you!

Reactions: Chris
Probably not something to pursue.
I put it out there and I have nothing to hide. Kat has RA. They prescribed Norco to help with the pain. The doctor's office has a culture of what you typically find when you give small minded folks a bit of power. They tend to wield it to abuse others in things like making you wait long amounts of time to see the doctor if you show up on time and if you show up 2 minutes late, they send you home without seeing him. Not once for her 7 medications they have her taking have they been able to get a prescription refill called or faxed in on time without at least 3 phone calls to remind them and then they play RX ping pong. Call the pharmacy, they say they don't have it, call the DR, they say they will send it right over, call the pharmacy, they don't have it. Back and forth for every single one for every single medication.

Of all the things a doctor's office should be able to handle with a deftness that shows a decent level of competency, getting a patient's medication handled at the pharmacy should be at the top of the list. After a year or so of that bullshit, Kat coming home in tears over how they treat her, the final straw came when she went yet again to get the Norco RX refilled which has to be done in person. They told her before she could get the refill, she had to take a drug test. She went downstairs, did the test, went back and got the script for the refill.

3 days later, they called her and cancelled her Norco prescription because she tested negative for it in her system. I was working, she called me crying and I went down to the office to find out what their problem was. The reason she tested negative was they let her run out, knew they let her run out and tested her anyway.

I got a bit loud because I asked quietly and politely to have a 5 minute chat with the Doc. Scrawny little bitch behind the counter would ONLY shove a letter at me and say, we have a letter for her. I said that's fine but I'd like to speak with the Doc for a minute to get this squared away. Again with the letter shoving. I asked nicely and politely again and then was told to have a seat. I said NO, I'm going to stand here until someone tells me if I can see the Doc for minute. Again with the letter shoving and same shit said.

At that point I had enough and got a bit louder and said I NEED to see the Doc. Again with the letter shoving and same shit said.

I got a bit louder, at which point fat bitch comes out and says that the Doc won't see me and I have to leave. I was angry, but I ain't stupid so I snatched the letter from scrawny bitch's skinny little booger picks and slammed the door on the way out without uttering another sound. They told the cops that I said I'd be back with something worse so he would come and visit me.

Doc wants 180 bucks for the damage I did to the door. I told him I'd pay after he gave us the video from the time I was told to leave until I slammed the door showing that I said anything after I was told to leave.

Sorry to hear that Blaine, I figured it had to do with her RA and something like you explained. I would have gotten more than pissed too. What a bunch of shit.

Last edited:
The doctor's office has a culture of what you typically find when you give small minded folks a bit of power. They tend to wield it to abuse others in things like making you wait long amounts of time to see the doctor if you show up on time and if you show up 2 minutes late, they send you home without seeing him.

This sums up the past 9 months of my life (wife and I just had a baby). The doctors jerked us around so many times it's insane. Tell us to show up at 2 PM for an appointment, we get there and then they tell us the doctor won't be in for another 2 hours so we'll have to wait. Like why the fuck didn't you call us and tell us this on the phone so we didn't show up 2 hours early!?

That's just the start too. Those doctors put us through waiting hell for the past 9 months almost.

Sorry to hear that Blaine, I figured it had to do with her RA and something like you explained. I would have gotten more than pissed too. What a bunch of shit.
That is just the tip of the iceberg with those fuctards. They hired a new PA who is female. Kat developed migraines and edema at the same time and was in horrible pain. She made an appointment to see the doc and they called her to tell her that he wouldn't be there in for the AM appointment and they could reschedule her for the afternoon to see him which she agreed to. I went with her and after making us wait for 30 minutes, we get to the exam room whereupon we are visited by the new PA. Kat said her appointment was with the doc and she would like to see him. PA says she can make that happen and leaves the room. 10 minutes later the office manager walks in and starts talking very loudly almost to the point of yelling at both of us that she can see the PA or go home. My question as to why the reschedule to get the same person went unanswered. She basically treated us like children who weren't minding very well.

Kat agreed to see the PA and we waited another 10 minutes and during the exam the PA told Kat to just take a Norco right before bedtime to help her sleep. Kat pointed out that this would be an extra and she would run out sooner. PA said no problem.

When Kat ran out, she tried to get the refill and they told her she shouldn't be out and she couldn't have a refill yet. Kat speaks with the PA and asks her if she put notes in her medical record indicating the advice to take 1 extra per day. PA says she never said that. Only problem is I was in the room and I heard it. Shit went downhill fast at the office concerning Kat's treatment for several months after that which finally culminated with my visit.

The giant gorilla in the room that no one talks about with our healthcare system is why no one complains. Very few to none complain because they are afraid if they don't follow the bullshit rules and accept the demeaning treatment at the hands of the staff and doctor that something they desperately need will get withheld and they will suffer longer.

The offices are little fiefdoms and the payment for entering it to the feudal lord is acquiescence and bowing down to mistreatment and unquestioning acceptance of their bullshit.

Patient care is not only physical but mental as well and if you are failing at one, you are failing at both. My only small bit of satisfaction over that visit is knowing that piece of shit lacked the balls and intestinal fortitude to have a 5 minute discussion with me to justify his bullshit.

This sums up the past 9 months of my life (wife and I just had a baby). The doctors jerked us around so many times it's insane. Tell us to show up at 2 PM for an appointment, we get there and then they tell us the doctor won't be in for another 2 hours so we'll have to wait. Like why the fuck didn't you call us and tell us this on the phone so we didn't show up 2 hours early!?

That's just the start too. Those doctors put us through waiting hell for the past 9 months almost.
The cop explained to me that they are a business and have the right to refuse service to anyone. I agreed with him and then explained that if any other business used the same business model of habitual abuse of it's customers in the same manner, the doors wouldn't be open for long.

The problem is the line gets very blurred because they have something you need and they use the need for it to make you accept stuff that you would never tolerate elsewhere.

The good news and very good news is Kat has found a new doc that is caring, prompt, attentive, and is now feeling better than she has in a couple of years. Her mental attitude is much better and that has helped her physically. For the first time since she was diagnosed with RA, her RA pain and problems are at an all time low so it is very easy for me to see the difference in how the mental side of patient care makes a huge difference on the physical side.

The best news is Kat told them to take their Norco and shove it up their ass. They used it to treat her like a drug addict, a criminal, and to question every aspect of who she is as a person simply because she was in pain and needed some relief.

The cop explained to me that they are a business and have the right to refuse service to anyone. I agreed with him and then explained that if any other business used the same business model of habitual abuse of it's customers in the same manner, the doors wouldn't be open for long.

The problem is the line gets very blurred because they have something you need and they use the need for it to make you accept stuff that you would never tolerate elsewhere.

The good news and very good news is Kat has found a new doc that is caring, prompt, attentive, and is now feeling better than she has in a couple of years. Her mental attitude is much better and that has helped her physically. For the first time since she was diagnosed with RA, her RA pain and problems are at an all time low so it is very easy for me to see the difference in how the mental side of patient care makes a huge difference on the physical side.

The best news is Kat told them to take their Norco and shove it up their ass. They used it to treat her like a drug addict, a criminal, and to question every aspect of who she is as a person simply because she was in pain and needed some relief.

Wonderful to hear she is finally being cared for properly!

Blaine you should try the military health care system. I say that with tongue in cheek! To make it worse try it with military flight surgeons.
I retire 26 years ago and refuse to put up with that crap anymore. That caused me to change docs several times but was worth it.

That's wonderful news that Kat finally found a good doc she (and you) likes, I'm really happy she's feeling so much better now. I always worry about her and wonder how she's doing.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you and your wife have had but I'm very glad you have been able to find a quality healthcare provider. My wife suffers from an extremely rare auto-immune condition that is as equally debilitating but we've been very fortunate that the Mayo Clinic was able to get us in touch with what I feel is the best doctor in the world. Even when dealing with her own husband's cancer and series of strokes she still takes time to drop everything and return my wife's calls.

If you're wife is anything like mine it continues to amaze me how strong the "weaker sex" really is when it comes to issues like RA & dermatomyositis. Prayers to both you and your wife.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you and your wife have had but I'm very glad you have been able to find a quality healthcare provider. My wife suffers from an extremely rare auto-immune condition that is as equally debilitating but we've been very fortunate that the Mayo Clinic was able to get us in touch with what I feel is the best doctor in the world. Even when dealing with her own husband's cancer and series of strokes she still takes time to drop everything and return my wife's calls.

If you're wife is anything like mine it continues to amaze me how strong the "weaker sex" really is when it comes to issues like RA & dermatomyositis. Prayers to both you and your wife.
We appreciate the good wishes and hope the same in return for you and yours so please give her our best wishes for good days in a row.

It astounds me at times how little those who have never had to live with or deal with a chronic condition in someone they love actually understands.

If Kat only had RA, we'd have this thing licked but unfortunately that isn't the case. She was diagnosed with Meniere's Disease many years ago and then developed a hiatal hernia. As soon as the RA kicked in, it spurred a plethora of side conditions that are astonishing in variety and the resultant debilitation. Fibromyalgia, osteoporosis from the methyltrexate, edema, chronic stomach issues from the water pills for edema, lack of concentration and focus from the intermixing of the various medications, migraines that she never had previous, and now she has developed a need for a CPAP at night.

I'd be curled up in a little ball in the corner hoping someone would come along and put me out of my misery. The good news is her cardiologist has cleared her for a minor sinus surgery to get rid of the CPAP which is one step closer to feeling better more days than not.

Reactions: Serbonze and Chris
I put it out there and I have nothing to hide. Kat has RA. They prescribed Norco to help with the pain.

3 days later, they called her and cancelled her Norco prescription because she tested negative for it in her system.

Not to belittle your situation, just some freindly advice for your wife. Use caster oil for her pain and inflamation. Works! Rub it on the affected area(s). You can even use a hot water bottle to push it deeper into the area. For less than $3/bottle, try it.

Googd luck with the rest of that situation. I strongly dislike insurance companies and doctors. there are also many herbs that you can drink for the pain. I bet you have them growing close by wild.

Like I said: skiing! Too bad it was such a crappy day! Old home week outside the ski patrol shack at Brighton Utah's Great Western lift. 10,000 feet asl.

image.jpeg

Reactions: Chris and Serbonze