Waterproofing interior

GeorgeSully

TJ Enthusiast
So I’m looking to waterproof my Jeep interior so I can wash it out carefree after getting it muddy. I plan on getting the floors line-x coated to replace carpets but what should I do about protecting the dash if there even is an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything will be fine in your Jeep if you spray it down and give it time to dry, at least mine has been. I'd strongly recommend you leave the factory paint in the tub and just use 3M grip tape like they use for stairs where you need it for traction. I just put it where the floor mats normally are and it's great. After years of use my tub still look great and the tape has held up just fine. The factory paint is really tough. Every coating I've ever seen looks like crap after a few months of hard use, and by hard use I mean hauling firewood and not fluffy the poodle.

I have a ocd habit of disassembling any switches/ cuircuit boards I’m working near or just on spare time, cleaning them and coating them in dialectic grease if they are not prone to dust. Almost every electrical connection has been attended to at some point as well. Plugs, grounds, sockets and such.

This is overboard but effective lol

I still don’t spray down my interior by the way. I worry to much, some of these components are becoming very hard to find or big money so take care of them if you can.

Cheers.