Wavin' from the ATL

pkugrsq

Hey people of Wrangler TJ forums!

Figure I should start with greetings before posting in other threads.
Just a short-time lurker since the New Years Eve, simply spying on people's builds and quietly reading fixes for all the problems I have with this TJ. I hail from just north of Atlanta, in the city of Marietta, closer to Roswell but not quite Alpharetta, but between Sandy Springs and Sandy Plains, and blah blah blah city names.
I only recently decided to finally join the forums because I was bored in a 10 hour training course at work. It has been a long, long time since the last time I joined a forum.
Bought myself a 2005 Rocky Mountain, in black, on NYE, for myself as a "you finally graduated college" gift. I'll admit it right now, I had a strong bias on a TJ, rather than a JK, because my crush and ex from HS both drove TJs, all while I drove my mom's crummy (though very thankful for it), '94 Lexus to school.
She's had two previous owners, stayed in the south from Texas to Georgia and only 110k miles on the odometer. She came to me already with a Smittybilt bumper and 31" "unique" brand rims.

A little introduction about myself, I do software development as a living, and my hobbies are working on cars and doing competitive driving in parking lots (aka Autocross). I picked up a 2014 Mustang, in 2013, and now I have a new-to-me TJ that I'm absolutely loving right now. I shouldn't be daily driving her, but I can't help it and I think my mustang is getting a little jealous.

Anyways, here she is in all her glory, 5 days after purchase.
20200105_155233.jpg

And how she was in a more recent image (sans a pair of daylighters).
20200208_104801.jpg

There's been a laundry list of things to fix, and it's only still growing, though I'm tackling them at a good pace as well.
Absolutely no frame rot, a misfit driver door which leaks in a different spot every rain fall, and all the classic 05-06 TJ conundrums, but she's been very good to me so far. My current next fix is to find the missing ground when one of the previous owners installed the siren and power door locks. Can't seem to reconnect the negative terminal without sparks and exactly 1 second of the car alarm going off.

There are plans to go offroading, but it's hard to find time with friends for me right now. Thinkin' about asking my old coworker, who drives a JKU, about the trails he goes to.

And here are my two girls together.
DSC_6497 - Copy.JPG

My unfortunate circumstance that both cars are highly customizable, therefore my wallet is forever empty.

Anyways, I hope to make a good impression during my stay here and hopefully make friends with the other North Georgia members!

Nice rides (both of 'em!). Welcome to the zoo. The more you read, the more you'll see that there is a wealth of information from some of the nicest folks you could ever hope to meet. Glad to have you with us!

Welcome from just a tad North if you in Kennesaw! Great TJ, miss my little black Sahara from time to time.

Welcome from just a tad North if you in Kennesaw! Great TJ, miss my little black Sahara from time to time.
That's awesome! I do occasionally gander up that direction, less frequently now that my work is in Roswell. But I look forward to the day we might end up wavin' at each other! Look for a white PAPA sticker at the top corner of the windshield on the passenger side.

PAPA was the car club I was in during my stay in university.

Reactions: JeepZilla380
Welcome from Buckhead! You'll find yourself slowly spending more time and money on the Jeep than the Mustang. Ask me how I know...

Edit: A good first trail is Old Bucktown Rd. and Nimblewill Gap. It runs behind Amicalola Falls and is 90% passable in 2WD but depends on the rain and your tires. It's a good spot to get a feel for picking lines without any real consequences if you pick a bad one. That's where I take all my friends for their first time.

Welcome from Buckhead! You'll find yourself slowly spending more time and money on the Jeep than the Mustang. Ask me how I know...

Edit: A good first trail is Old Bucktown Rd. and Nimblewill Gap. It runs behind Amicalola Falls and is 90% passable in 2WD but depends on the rain and your tires. It's a good spot to get a feel for picking lines without any real consequences if you pick a bad one. That's where I take all my friends for their first time.

That's good to know! They are a bit a ways away, but I'll be sure to check them out, and if it depends on the rain, we can basically count on it being wet from this past month, haha!

My brother has a coworker who has access to the Big Canoe, which he claims there are trails to ride on in there. Luckily it's nearby to the others, so we'll have more trails if the one at Big Canoe is too short.

Welcome from Ga. good looking rides and congratulations on graduation.

Welcome to the forum, and nice looking TJ! It’s amazing just how much a Jeep can empty your bank accounts 🤣