Way to go customs! Now what?

Kathy

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
we received our new headlights for mine at @Dave K. tj’s. Got it with customs inspected tape on it , along with a huge slash through 5 layers of packing and a nice scratch in the lens!! So how do I go about getting a replacement ? It’s not amazons fault, or is it?
AB438F44-5FB0-4C4B-BCD5-B6DF38F00B03.jpeg
3E7B1D62-B9E4-48D7-BE33-464FE0157810.jpeg
990CB9E0-795B-4428-8EF8-4C6C5B9B3649.jpeg
F923B252-2ED7-4F6B-8EAB-72BFF8B896C7.jpeg
3A4178C2-2482-403E-A895-A8EC1B5ADB7C.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: TJ Starting
Might be a silly question but under my orders in amazon do I click on contact seller?

Another silly question. There are 2 sets of lights. Both lights on the top are scratched. Are all 4 lights identical or are they left and right specific? We could keep the two on the bottom but not sure they are together or the match to the top two?

Reactions: ac_
Another silly question. There are 2 sets of lights. Both lights on the top are scratched. Are all 4 lights identical or are they left and right specific? We could keep the two on the bottom but not sure they are together or the match to the top two?
I like your thinking, I don't know on your specific lights but usually there are not left and rights. Maybe inspect them really good and install a good set and make sure they are good then only send back one set. That's what I would do.

That's bullshit by the way. I would check the box for drugs, why did they open them in the first place? Were they ticking?

I like your thinking, I don't know on your specific lights but usually there are not left and rights. Maybe inspect them really good and install a good set and make sure they are good then only send back one set. That's what I would do.

That's bullshit by the way. I would check the box for drugs, why did they open them in the first place? Were they ticking?
@Dave K. did install the two non scratched ones and they worked. I’ll be returning the other two shortly. Yeah, I thought it was odd. No drugs were left for us if there was some .:crazylick:. it had an odd smell when I opened it, but I think it was just a chemical type foreign package smell. Not a I want to smoke some of that smell. whoever was doing the slicing needs to go back to inspecting 101. Pain in the arse to get new ones now. But, I don’t want scratched lenses on my jeep, and I know dave won’t have it on his, so, no choice .

Reactions: KCsTJ and ac_
I bought the same lights. They are on the way from Hong Kong right now. Hopefully that overly aggressive razor blade wielding border control agent doesn't get a hold of mine.

17.00 to ship back to a u.s. address. They say they will refund me once received. I hope that means the cost of shipping also.

Was the order sold and fulfilled by Amazon or a third party seller?

I doubt it was fulfilled by Amazon since it would have been in their packaging if it was.

Either way, the third party seller will make it right, so contact them on Amazon. I guarantee they'll fix it for you.

I have never had to pay return shipping on a damaged item with them?
I thought that was odd also, but it was a third party and the way they had stated it sounded like they would refund me the shipping costs? At least they better? I was gonna ask, but I just wanted it taken care of and they didn’t have an easy way to contact them so just shipped out. I hope I get refunded. !

Was the order sold and fulfilled by Amazon or a third party seller?

I doubt it was fulfilled by Amazon since it would have been in their packaging if it was.

Either way, the third party seller will make it right, so contact them on Amazon. I guarantee they'll fix it for you.
It was a third party seller I believe. I ordered through the link you shared I believe. Anyway it’s gone smoothly so far, but I had to pay for return shipping. I thought the email said they would refund me the cost which I assumed included shipping costs. Does that sound right? I hope so!

It was a third party seller I believe. I ordered through the link you shared I believe. Anyway it’s gone smoothly so far, but I had to pay for return shipping. I thought the email said they would refund me the cost which I assumed included shipping costs. Does that sound right? I hope so!

Yes, they should by all means refund you shipping costs since it’s not your fault it was damaged. I don’t know how that got damaged but clearly someone stuck something really long and sharp through that box.

Yes, they should by all means refund you shipping costs since it’s not your fault it was damaged. I don’t know how that got damaged but clearly someone stuck something really long and sharp through that box.
Good! It’s pretty clear customs did it hence the bright green tape over the samurai sword slit through the top of the box. What they used had to be more than a razor blade.