Eddie from Wayalife discusses the hi-lift

This gave me flashbacks to many, many years ago. I tried to jack my Jeep up with a hi-lift, to get the tire off the ground. It went exactly like he showed it. Jack all the way to the top, tire still on the ground. The hi-lift was ditched after that! :oops:

Reactions: Rick Flair
This gave me flashbacks to many, many years ago. I tried to jack my Jeep up with a hi-lift, to get the tire off the ground. It went exactly like he showed it. Jack all the way to the top, tire still on the ground. The hi-lift was ditched after that! :oops:
Ratchet strap around axle and frame will fix that problem.

Reactions: WSS
I really like the way he just describes it as the wrong tool for the job in such a simple way. So many people buy them and don't even think about how they will use them. I've had to loan my bottle jack to a few that actually got rid of their factory jack because they had a hi-lift and didn't even realize with all that plastic crap they couldn't even use it.

Reactions: Apparition and JMT
They’re immensely popular as hood ornaments, so there must be something to them. 😁

Reactions: Hopper
So ... do you guys with larger tires buy a bottle jack with greater lift? Or does the OEM jack have enough reach for larger tires?

Round these parts we call it a farm jack because we use it for stuff like pulling fence posts. It'd also really great at taking up space in my garage while I'm not currently removing a fence.
I have used them plenty of ways on the farm, heaven for bid I have even changed a tire or two using a Hi Lift, I have one still and still use it on a occasion just not out 4 wheeling.

Seeing all those brand new Hi-Lift jacks used as hood ornaments puts a smile on this mug. The JK that's all dressed up with nowhere to go . . . shackles everywhere, snorkel, Hi-lift, 40" Tundra Tamers, etc. etc. . . . . and behind the wheel of this 'rolling circus' . . . . the "geek of geeks'. Inner city dude with plaid shirt and his 'rugged-costume' on. Arms like milkshake straws, few chin hairs, and enough attitude for the State of Montana . . . . and all this manliness in the Wallmart parking lot in Trenton, New Jersey.
Learned how to rant from mr. blaine ;) :cool: ❤️

• Haha
Reactions: Moglocker and RINC
So ... do you guys with larger tires buy a bottle jack with greater lift? Or does the OEM jack have enough reach for larger tires?
Yes and yes, it just depends on the terrain you’re in. The factory Jack is enough usually. However I bought a larger bottle Jack recently because the few times I blew a bead I needed a little more movement from whatever Jack I was using (and often used another buddy’s Jack). Hopefully now I’m more self sufficient!

Reactions: Head Lice