Weird Engine Sound

97 Sahara

Hey guys, I have a 1997 Sahara with 178000 miles on it and it’s a 4.0. Just a few days ago the engine sound a little off to me. It almost sound like a motorcycle engine or a diesel. I check the oil and it’s good and so are all the other fluids, is it because my motor is old or is it something else? I’ll try to put a video later to help out

is it a lot of money to repair ?
Expensive is a very vague subject. Depends on how much exhaust needs to be replaced. Could be a loose bolt or rotten pipes/cats/mufflers. Loose bolt tighten it and carry on. No money needed. Cats are expensive. Very expensive. Haven’t replace exhaust in awhile but the last manifold to out the back $200. That was thirty years ago. No cats. Without more info I cannot tell you much about price.

Idk, ever since I have gotten it I always put 93 gas on it
You should use regular or 87. That's what Jeep suggests. It wont change how the Jeep runs.

Motorcycle engines and diesel engines don't make the same noise to me. You could give some more information so people could help you out? If you can't describe it better then maybe post a video of the Jeep making the noise.