Weird track bar contraption

Jake kozlowski

TJ Enthusiast
Elmendorf Air Force Base, Anchorage, AK, USA
So looking at my steering setup I still can't find any info or the purpose of this component on my steering. It's the block above the track bar, and the two pieces off of it....
IMG_20200430_203854.jpg
IMG_20200430_203902.jpg
IMG_20200430_203914.jpg
IMG_20200430_203932.jpg
Any and all help would be appreciated.

• Wow
Reactions: lBasket
You be much better off taking all of that off, getting a stock pitman arm (OEM Mopar) and putting a standard trackbar (Currie, JKS) on. All of that is just hurting your geometry and uptravel.
So i have a JKS adjustable track bar at the house. I was just curious on all this crazy stuff going on.... No idea what benefits the current setup has.

What the hell is that double track bar thingy called again? There's a term for it and a reason for it, but I can't remember what it's called. Someone refresh my memory!

Either way, it's a solution (a poor one) to a problem that doesn't exist.

That is some old try to look like go fast stuff right there. Much better stuff out there now for sure. Since your factory bracket has been drilled out you will have to use a track bar that does not use a TRE style end on it. Currie TB and a stock pitman is a good choice.

That is some old try to look like go fast stuff right there. Much better stuff out there now for sure. Since your factory bracket has been drilled out you will have to use a track bar that does not use a TRE style end on it. Currie TB and a stock pitman is a good choice.
Agree with this, if you get Currie bar it has the drilled out end that your old brackets did. If you use that JKS bar make sure the hole is the right size for the drilled out mount.