Well crap, I need a new phone!

Oh, and talk to me when you do programming, graphic design, web page creation, CAD design - electronics or mechanical, your choice - on a tiny screen with no keyboard nor mouse.

Lol - lets not pretend that I don't read ~100 documents a week, write and review proposals, drafts and P&IDs, submit permits, write reports, print and send (real!) letters, etc. I also edit dozens of photos weekly (sometimes hundreds!) and I use my nicely laid out desk with desktop.

The benefits of doing certain tasks on a desktop are certainly known to me. That's not what you're arguing though. You conflate "I don't have a need for this usability" or somewhat differently "I don't prefer that interface" with "that usability is stupid/silly/some-other-boomer-reference" - which isn't how that works :)

Lol - lets not pretend that I don't read ~100 documents a week, write and review proposals, drafts and P&IDs, submit permits, write reports, print and send (real!) letters, etc. I also edit dozens of photos weekly (sometimes hundreds!) and I use my nicely laid out desk with desktop.

The benefits of doing certain tasks on a desktop are certainly known to me. That's not what you're arguing though. You conflate "I don't have a need for this usability" or somewhat differently "I don't prefer that interface" with "that usability is stupid/silly/some-other-boomer-reference" - which isn't how that works :)

Ok millennial.

I do a lot of excel work, I have to do that on a real computer. It’s hard enough without a number pad and a mouse.

I prefer to use my phone for probably 90% of my emails.

Reactions: pc1p

And my point, which you missed, is very simple: There isn't much anything that a smartphone does that can't be done better/easier - and usually cheaper - by something else. It does excels at sucking money out of your wallet though.

And my point, which you missed, is very simple: There isn't much anything that a smartphone does that can't be done better/easier - and usually cheaper - by something else. It does excels at sucking money out of your wallet though.

I am a luddite at heart.

But smartphones, especially integrated with office 365, is extremely efficient and useful.

It isn't meant to replace a laptop/pc, (especially excel work), but it really streamlines productivity.

It is exponentially more productive when you integrate power apps, power automate, and sharepoint into the mix.

Reactions: pc1p