Well got my jeep 1997 what you think?????

Michael seitz

What a great day to be jeepin. It does have a 97 Chevy 350 tbi. Little lift but other than that pretty nice

20160807_181303.jpg

I need help tho I have a bad vibration on acceleration and not on desell. Took rear drive line out and no vibration. Pinion angle. Stock shafts. 4 inch zone lift. Adjustable uppers. Any help

What rear axle? dana 35? Find out.
If so, swap it out asap then you prob need adjustable arms and sye to cure the vibes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
Damn, @Stinger, you've got some competition :D

Looks good man, I'm jealous! Get rid of that Dana 35 under there... Time for some D44s (or something similar).

Too long of a shaft wouldn't cause vibrations. However, a shaft that is out of balance or has bad u-joints would definitely cause vibrations.

Oh, if none of the vibrations occurred until the lift was put on, it's likely because of these things:

1) Your pinion angles are not correct.
2) You aren't running a SYE (slip yoke eliminator), which is an absolute must once you start lifting these things.

Oh, if none of the vibrations occurred until the lift was put on, it's likely because of these things:

1) Your pinion angles are not correct.
2) You aren't running a SYE (slip yoke eliminator), which is an absolute must once you start lifting these things.

What's a good sye also any idea what the pinion angle should be

Vibration on decell only would sure point me towards differential, especially with the 350 and a Dana 35. It just isn't going to take a lot of abuse that the 350 can dish out if it has been driven aggressively.

I am going to say get that pinion angleI nailed down first. I chased a similar vibration in mine for a long time. The Nth Degree stinger bar makes it some what problematic. I did finally ignore the Nth Degree instructions and set it at 1 degree up angle on the pinion. When I add all the shit I carry and a full tank of gas and my fat ass it comes down to zero degrees. I finally have no vibration from driveline.
Please post what you find

Reactions: Chris