Well got my jeep 1997 what you think?????

:D
VORTEC COVER.jpg

You guys are going to cost me a LOT of time and money. You know that? I love me some Vortec. I have a 454 Vortec in the Suburban, and really like it.

You guys are going to cost me a LOT of time and money. You know that? I love me some Vortec. I have a 454 Vortec in the Suburban, and really like it.

Well, then you've got a head start... Now get to swapping it :D

lol... That would be like strapping a Cessna to a Saturn V and saying "Isn't this fun!?" I've been over both rigs with a tape measure, and the only way to make that 454 fit is to remove everything from the hood hold downs to the firewall, plus about a 3" body lift to fit the 4l80E and transfer case under the body. The Sub does have a locked 14 bolt in it though. That would be useful to transfer the approximately 460 hp and 510 ft-lbs torque to whatever surface the TJ was marginally attached to. Maybe the next Jeep. A nice 4.8 liter would work well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
What year of motor I don't have my ac hooked up
2012 6.0 with headers and custom tune. Factory at 360 hp and 390 # of torque. Closer to 400 on both now. I got the AC hooked up but after a day it blew a hose. I think it was too close to a header so back to the shop when we get home from the coast