Well.. here it is. My Jeep Journal.

I found that the easiest way to take the intake manifold and exhaust manifold off is to remove the entire driver side fender. Once you do that, it’s easy as can be.

What are you referring to in that photo? The freeze plugs?
Yeah, the cylindrical objects that are all rusted to shit. Is this something to worry about?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yeah, the cylindrical objects that are all rusted to shit. Is this something to worry about?

Yes, those are the freeze plugs. I'm not sure I'd worry about it unless the rust is so bad that they look brittle as if they are going to break with the tap of a screwdriver. Then I would worry!

Alright, I was hoping it would be that easy. Would mark the first time since I bought the Jeep that something worked out for me! :')

I'll check out some references to be sure though.

No matter what, the Jeep will be in running and driving condition by the time the weekend is over. I am debating on putting a cherry bomb on it. Anyone have experience with cherry bombs on a 4.0?

i tried a cherry bomb on mine , way to loud. especially with no floor insulation, soft top, etc.. it will drive you nuts

Reactions: Katuhstrofik
Hey guys! Long time no post I know. I did get some nice weather this weekend and found a few hours to mess with the TJ. I did get the header and intake back on. Now my concern is that I do not know if I have the bolts properly torqued as I cannot get my torque wrench in those spots. I'd also like to add that the concave washers that I took off of my stock header to not seem to be flush with the new header and intake. The intake seems a bit thicker than my new header which causes the washers to be at a slight angle over the two components. I don't feel that it is a huge deal aside from the fact that there is a little bit of warping happening to the header hardware as a result. It doesn't look too bad though. I imagine as long as the gasket and everything is properly in place the bolts shouldn't matter too much.

But I fear I may have torqued bolts too much or not enough. Any tips you guys can give me regarding this? I'm the type that always needs stuff done SOP. So I am just slightly nervous about this lol.

Also, upon looking over my injectors I noticed two of them have hairline cracks on the surface, are these still good to reinstall? I've been reading around and saw a lot of TJ owners put in Neon injectors for the 4-hole atomization. Thoughts on that?

Also looking over the frame once again with the skid plate off shows that the rail is still in decent enough shape to reinstall the skid and maybe get another year or two out of it. Torque boxes are shot to shit though. Body is hanging on by like three mounts lol.

Here's a picture of the new header.
IMG_20180303_180409.jpg

Reactions: JMT
Hey guys! Long time no post I know. I did get some nice weather this weekend and found a few hours to mess with the TJ. I did get the header and intake back on. Now my concern is that I do not know if I have the bolts properly torqued as I cannot get my torque wrench in those spots. I'd also like to add that the concave washers that I took off of my stock header to not seem to be flush with the new header and intake. The intake seems a bit thicker than my new header which causes the washers to be at a slight angle over the two components. I don't feel that it is a huge deal aside from the fact that there is a little bit of warping happening to the header hardware as a result. It doesn't look too bad though. I imagine as long as the gasket and everything is properly in place the bolts shouldn't matter too much.

But I fear I may have torqued bolts too much or not enough. Any tips you guys can give me regarding this? I'm the type that always needs stuff done SOP. So I am just slightly nervous about this lol.

Also, upon looking over my injectors I noticed two of them have hairline cracks on the surface, are these still good to reinstall? I've been reading around and saw a lot of TJ owners put in Neon injectors for the 4-hole atomization. Thoughts on that?

Also looking over the frame once again with the skid plate off shows that the rail is still in decent enough shape to reinstall the skid and maybe get another year or two out of it. Torque boxes are shot to shit though. Body is hanging on by like three mounts lol.

Here's a picture of the new header.View attachment 34405

Looks sick! And I wouldn't worry a ton about that torque spec. Put some anti sieze on it and tighten them with a 1/2 inch ratchet. Also the neon injectors are awesome in those 4.0s. You may find it runs a little richer with them but it doesn't bother most people. And good luck patching the body. Normally I'd suggest trying to find another decent tub. But if I remember you're in salt country and likely won't find one lol. Best of luck on all your stuff. Oh! And don't forget to get that header coated in something or else you'll have it looking like swiss cheese before long lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Katuhstrofik
Looks sick! And I wouldn't worry a ton about that torque spec. Put some anti sieze on it and tighten them with a 1/2 inch ratchet. Also the neon injectors are awesome in those 4.0s. You may find it runs a little richer with them but it doesn't bother most people. And good luck patching the body. Normally I'd suggest trying to find another decent tub. But if I remember you're in salt country and likely won't find one lol. Best of luck on all your stuff. Oh! And don't forget to get that header coated in something or else you'll have it looking like swiss cheese before long lol.

I figured I'd leave it as is, apparently it's plated stainless so I guess we will see.

Reactions: 42tjd80 and Chris
From what Hi have read here and on other forums, they really don't do much. We basically have a tractor motor in the 4.0 and there is not much that will make a difference, exhausts, intakes, headers, injectors will do little to nothing..they are what they are...Hemi Swap?

Looks pretty legit. I don't know much about upgrading the 4.0 other than throwing a turbo on it. I've airways just thrown in an LS in place lol

From what Hi have read here and on other forums, they really don't do much. We basically have a tractor motor in the 4.0 and there is not much that will make a difference, exhausts, intakes, headers, injectors will do little to nothing..they are what they are...Hemi Swap?
Well I'm looking at it from an efficiency stand point. I feel like fuel atomizing from four holes instead of one is going to make a noticable difference in how it runs.